10

dear james potter,

i dressed up when we dated because i thought you'd like me more if i looked like the other hot people i know you dated before. tried so hard to be everything you liked, just to find out you're not the "compliment type."

i knew how you liked your coffee and your favourite songs by heart.

stupid, emotional, obsessive little me. i knew from the start this is exactly how you'd leave;

you'd find someone more exciting, the next second you'd be gone. you'd leave me there crying wondering what i did wrong. you always say you're never satisfied but i don't think that's true.

because all i ever wanted was to be enough for you

maybe i'm just not as interesting as the girls you've had before, but merlin, you couldn't have fucking cared less about someone who loved you more.

i'd say you broke my heart, but you broke much more than that. i don't want your sympathy, i just want myself back.

don't you think i loved you too much to be so used and discarded? don't you think i loved you too much to think i deserve nothing?

don't tell me you're sorry, james, feel sorry for yourself, because someday i'll be everything to somebody else.

they'll think i'm so exciting, and you'll be the one who's crying.

because nothing is enough for you.

love,
R.A.B.