11

dear james potter,

you have those brown, guilty eyes and those amazing lips that spill those little white lies. i played dumb, but i always knew that you were talking to her, maybe doing even worse. i kept my mouth shut so i could keep you.

but isn't it funny how you ran to her the second that we ended things? and isn't it funny how you said that you were only friends, but now it sure as hell doesn't look like it.

james, you betrayed me, and the worst part is i know you'll never feel sorry for the way i hurt. you talked to her when we were together. i was there for you, i loved you at your worst, so why doesn't that matter? it took you two seconds to go off and date her. i guess you didn't cheat, but you're still a traitor.

now you bring her around just to shut me down, you show her off like she's a new trophy. unfortunately, i know if you were true to me, there's no way in hell that you would fall in love with somebody that quickly.

aren't all of those twisted games you played with me just...laughable? all the questions you used to avoid — merlin i'm so stupid. remember when i brought her up that one night and you told me i was "paranoid"?

no james, you betrayed me.

merlin i wish you had thought this through before i went and fell in love with you. when you're sleeping in the bed we fixed, don't you dare forget about the way you betrayed me.

and you're never going to feel sorry for the way you hurt me. you gave me your word, but that didn't matter. two weeks, two weeks is all it took for you to start screwing with evans.

no matter what you say, you're still a traitor.

love,
R.A.B.