Chapter 11: I'm Tired Of Being Your Doormat.

// Nova //

I was never really used to the idea of getting whatever I wanted. I never expected a lot of things. I was usually disappointed. I was let down so much that I don't really expect anything anymore. When Niall finally found out that I was the real Nova, I had to restrict myself from pinching myself constantly to wake me up from this beautiful fantasy.  If someone told me that I was going to end up with Niall, I would've thought that I was being punk'd. Feeling our hands touch and his eyes focusing on my dark ones, made my knees feel like jelly. It was hard to even imagine that he knew my own name. 

I twirled a piece of curly hair that blocked my face and pinned it back with my ponytail. I looked in the mirror and pressed my fingers on the corner of my lips where Niall kissed me. It made my stomach do flops and my insides felt fuzzy. I smiled into the mirror as I looked at myself. I was radiating some kind of new glow. I think this is what it feels like to be in love with someone and have them feel the same way about you. Even though I was in my Nando's uniform and was bound to get fired later today, it didn't even matter. I clipped my stray hairs back and walked out of the bathroom. I grabbed my bag and right before I exited out the door, I picked up my nametag and debated whether or not to put it on. I knew I was going to get fired, so what was the point? I just slipped it in my pocket on the front of my skirt and happily walked out the door. I got on the bus to Nando's and greeted everyone on the bus. It was weird for some people, based on their looks at me. I was just in such a good mood, I couldn't help it. I sat in the first two rows and pulled out my phone to examine the time. It was 10:25 AM and the restaurant just opened a few hours ago. While I was on my phone I decided to text my best friend, Tess. 

To: Tess

From: Nova

Thanks for everything. I really do owe you BIG TIME. Starbucks date? My treat! x 

It didn't take that long for Tess to text back. Her phone was practically glued to her hands. She was never without it. 

To: Nova

From: Tess

Yes please! True love was bound to happen, so I thought to help Cupid out. ;) Tell me all the details ASAP. P.S. Miranda is a mess. Boy if looks could kill. . . xx

I stiffled a small giggle as I read the last part. It wasn't the nicest thing to do, but I had to. It's absolutely rare to hear or see that Miranda isn't getting what she wants. Ever since the 6th grade, she's been trying to beat me at everything. When I had my first sleepover, she had her first pool party with our entire class. When I had my first date to the movies, she had her first kiss that night too. I just wish I knew why she hated me so much. Oh well who knows, what's done is done. 

Eventually, I reached my destination and I hopped off my seat. I quickly walked down the aisle and paid my fee to the bus driver.

"Bye Allan! See you tomorrow!" I said as I rushed down the stairs.

"Watch your step! See you later, Starchild!" 

I grinned as I managed to land on my feet and not on my face. Yeah, I was friends with the local bus driver. It's a long story. All I know is our friendship started with Miranda and her dumb clique tormenting me. But, I'm somewhat glad about it because whenever I need a ride, Allan is there for me. He also called me Starchild because of my name. I honestly thought it was easier to say Nova, but I guess not to him.

I slowly walked inside the front doors of the restaurant and smiled as I saw Tess leaning on my counter. I was about to walk up to her and spill all the details on my night with Niall, until Mr. Crawford stood in my way with a very stern face. He had this giant gray mustache under his nose and I noticed it twitching as he glared at me. I stood back a bit and felt chills roll down my spine. He was my boss's boss. So, he had the ultimate power over me. I looked up at him and dropped my bag on the ground. His arms were crossed and behind him I saw Miranda and Mr. Porter watching. Miranda was surrounded by snot-filled tissues and Mr. Porter was awkwardly watching everything going on.