Chapter 7: You're Missing Out, Horan.

// Nova //

I walked over to the steaming kettle in my kitchen and turned off the stove. I wiped my hands on the side of my leggings as I grabbed a mitten to pour the hot liquid in my cup. The freshly boiled water pour quickly slipped into my blue and white cup as I held the kettle steady in an angle. Steam rose up to the air and hit my face, warming it in the process. Once I put in all the water I grabbed the hot cocoa packet from the cupboard and poured it in. I mixed it in with a small teaspoon as I heard my front door knock. I put down my spoon and quickly walked to the door. My feet touched the wooden floor and immediately made me jump. The floor was freezing cold as I quickly grabbed my white fuzzy bunny slippers. Once I slipped them on and my feet were warm and cozy, I ran to the door. I opened it up and Tess greeted me. 

"Howdy!" She grinned as she slipped into my flat. 

"Um...what's up?" 

She unwrapped her scarf from her neck and unbuttoned her large jacket, placing them on one of my kitchen chairs. Tess had a habit of making herself at home. Everytime she was invited over to sleepover and hang out with me, she would act like she's been living there her entire life. She clearly takes the quote, "Make yourself at home," seriously. 

I spotted her walking over to the kettle and frowning at it. 

"You don't have anymore boiled water. Now what am I supposed to drink?" She pouted, hands planted on her hips.

I rolled my eyes and joined her in my small kitchen. I stood next to her, taking my cup of hot cocoa in my hands. I stirred the small spoon until the drink was mixed well. 

"I would've made you a cup of hot chocolate like me, if I knew you were coming." I stated, smirking at my best friend.

She gave me a look and I sighed, knowing that I would make her drink either way. I started pouring water into the kettle again and heated it up. I turned back to her and she was opening my cupboards and drawers.

I grabbed my cup and took a small sip. I winced as the liquid was still extremely hot, burning my tongue a bit. 

"What are you doing now, Tess?" I asked, leaning on a counter.

"Looking for ingredients to make some fat goodies for us." She smiled, looking up at me. 

I raised my eyebrows and thought about it. Dealing with heartbreak was a time to snack on some fat foodies, so why not? I passed Tess and opened the cupboard next to the fridge, revealing ingredients to bake cookies, cupcakes, brownies, cake pops, and more. She grinned and stood up from her crouching position. She grabbed all the ingredients and immediately started mixing them together. I sighed and walked over to the living room, placing my hot chocolate on the small table in between my couch and TV. I walked over to my room and started digging out for some DVDs. 

"What movies do you want to watch?!" I yelled from my bedroom, hoping Tess could hear me. 

I heard pans clanking and the opening of drawers from across the hall.

"Any movies is fine as long as it's not a sappy romance movie! You need to get your mind off it!" She yelled back.

No romance movies. Okay, that pretty much clears out almost all of the DVDs I have in this flat. I groaned, searching for more movies in my shelves and closets. 

I finally decided on watching a Friends boxset that I found under my bed. I brushed off the dust and walked back into the living room. Instantly the smell of sugar filled goodies spread around the house. I inhaled and sighed at the pleasant, sweet smell. Tess was chilling on the couch by the time I got back. She had her own cup of hot cocoa in her hand, while she was channel surfing. I sat down beside her and drank most of my chocolate down. It was cooled down by the time I came back. I watched as she flipped through the channels so quickly that you couldn't tell what was on the screen because of how fast she changed it.