Chapter 10: Tess, the Clever Friend.

// Niall // 

I stared at the neatly handwritten letter in front of me. I brushed my hands through my hair, messing it up and scruffing it all over the place in frustration. I pressed my eyerbows together, trying to put the puzzle pieces together. If the Nova I knew wasn't "Nova", then who was? She said her real name was Miranda. I shut my eyes tightly - hoping to see the answer hit me in the face sooner or later. I laid my head back and groaned. I pulled the nearest pillow from my bed and slammed it against my face harshly. I pressed the cold pillow case on my face, enjoying the coolness to my hot face. I controlled my breathing and her smiling face appeared in front of me.

The wavy, strawberry blonde hair.

The dark brown eyes staring at me with happiness glittering around her pupil.

Her cute pink lips that spoke words that got caught in my mind. 

The girl I found on the dirty floor of an alley.

The girl that looked torn and just needed someone that night.

The girl that managed to smile after getting abused.

I shoved the pillow off my face and it hit me. The Miranda I knew was the Nova I fell for through her letters. I blinked hard and rubbed my forehead with my fingers. I couldn't believe how stupid I was. It all began making sense as I started putting the pieces together. No wonder it felt odd being with Nova (or should I say Miranda). In the beginning, it didn't felt like we clicked until our first date. All our relationship was before the date was very physical. She didn't want to get to know me, all she wanted was to get familiar with my lips. 

I began feeling irritated and felt the anger build up on me. This meant that everything both girls said to me was a lie. I wasn't that mad at Nova, but I was insanely pissed off at Miranda. I didn't understand why they lied and why they switched places. I stood up and began picking up my sweater. I walked out of my bedroom and searched for my shoes and car keys. I had one foot in one sneaker and the other foot struggling with the other shoe. I shoved my foot down and finally got it on. I grabbed my car keys off the kitchen counter and spun it around my index finger as I quickly strolled out of my flat. I shut the door aggressively and began walking out of the building. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I knocked on the front door and clenched my jaw together as the door swung open almost instantly. My eyes narrowed as my blue eyes met with light green eyes. I stared down at her as she wrapped her arms around my neck and squealed in my ear. I winced as she grabbed my arm and dragged me inside her insanely huge house. I looked around and removed her tight grip from my wrist. She pouted and then shook it off. She looked at me, grabbing my jacket collar. She attempted to kiss me, but I pushed her hands off my chest. She looked at me with wide eyes, gasping at my sudden rejection to her kiss.

"Niall?!" 

I stepped away from her as I began to get the answers I deserved.

"Why did you lie to me?" 

She tensed up. She pretended that she didn't, but I caught it.

"W-what? You're being delusional. Sit down, I'll get you something to drink." She attempted to change the subject.

I shook my head and moved my hand away from her grasp. She looked at me with hurt eyes and I began feeling bad. I always wanted to treat women with respect and seeing a girl hurt in front of my eyes made me feel like a jerk. I sighed and rubbed the back of my head. She grabbed my arm again gentler and looked at me with concern. 

"Niall..." She softly whimpered.

"You lied to me. Ever since I met you. Why? You're not Nova. You're Miranda. You've been messing with my head this entire time. Why? You know I fell in love with the Nova that wrote me those hundreds of letters." I began saying feeling my blood boil with each word I said.