Character Background

Name: Inei Saito, Saito (Family Name), Inei (First Name)

Age: 18

Birthday: January 7

Height: 181 cm (5'11")

Weight: 72 kg

Nicknames: Saito-san (by the younger demon slayers and lower ranked demon slayers), Inei-kun (by Shinobu), Inei-san (by Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Inosuke, and the other Pillars), the Shadow Hashira, Shadow Bastard (by Muzan), Another Monster (by Muzan).

Background:

His origins still remains a mystery and part of it was only revealed on a letter when he was found by a worker in an orphanage. The letter revealed only his name, Inei Saito.

He was found in a basket that was flowing on the river. He was found when his cries were heard. He was brought into the orphanage, and raised there.

At the age of 7, Inei was always lacking in presence, as if he is mistaken to be a shadow. This is due to his quietness. During this time, he was showned to be skilled in the sword, when he protected his foster siblings from a group of bandits by using a wooden sword.

A year after that, his foster parents and foster siblings were killed by a demon. Inei survived when he got rid of his presence, but the memory of him helplessly watching a demon kill his foster family, will be forever ingrained in his memory.

When the demon left, he came out of his hiding spot and mourned for the loss of the people who showered him with love. As he was mourning, a demon slayer and an imperial soldier arrived and saw the young Inei crying.

When asked what happened, he recalled the events with accurate precision to the point that the Demon Hunter quickly recognized the said demon.

After that event he was sent into custody under the Emperor. In the Imperial Palace, he trained his swordsmanship to the point that he bested the best swordsmen who were guarding the Emperor.

He was soon promoted and became the Emperor's Shadow Hand or known as the Emperor's Assassin. At a young age, he executed the people who were a threat to the Emperor and soon after, when a demon tried to attack the emperor, he successfully killed the said demon in one blow.

After that feat, the Emperor told him to be a Demon Slayer and leave his post as an assassin. At the young age of 10 he became a Demon Slayer and soon after, at the age of 11, he became a Pillar, and he chose the name Shadow Hashira, for his combat style of killing demons in the most subtle way possible while combining his assassination skills.

Equipment: