Stella

{Michael}

I am about ready to scratch my own eyes out, I'm so bored. We've been here for hours, and my bum is numb from these damn seats. I can't stop fidgeting, and I really want to with the looks Soph is giving me. She's scary, man! I've known her too long, and know to not get on her bad side.

I couldn't help it though, this dance stuff really wasn't my thing, but it was Evie's final dance recital, and there's no way I would have missed this for anything. She had been so excited, especially this last week. I don't know what happened but she just seemed different, I did't care what it was, I was just happy to see the smile back on my friend's face.

What was annoying me the most though, was Luke. He was sitting in the chair next to me, and kept looking back into the crowd of people standing at the back of the room. I don't know what he was looking for. I glanced back a few times to see if I could tell what he was looking at, but nothing, and I didn't recognise anyone there either.

"What the hell are you looking at?" I asked in frustration as Luke turned around once again, "just sit fucking still!"

He turned to me quickly, slumping down in his seat, "sorry." he said quietly, pulling out his phone from his pocket, and quickly tapping out a text to someone.

I tried to see who it was but he turned it away quickly, "are you waiting for someone?"

He shushed me quickly, pointing at the stage as the next dancer started. I rubbed my face in an attempt to wake myself up slightly, and a tad frustrated. I leaned over to Sophia taking the program from her, she shot me a glare then went back to watching the guy on stage.

I quickly flipped through the pages to find the performance times, and noticed after this one, there was only two more before Evie. Luckily she was the last performance of the night, and then we could go out and celebrate. If there was anyone who knew how to party, it was Evie, so tonight would be everything that is awesome. It's not a party without Evie, and everyone knows it.

"Hey guys." I heard a quiet voice say, looking over and saw Evie, crouched down in the aisle, next to Luke, still in her regular clothes.

We all looked at her and waved, "so are you ready?" I asked her.

"I was born ready, baby," she said, trying to be smug but then just giggled, "nah, I'm kidding, but yeah, I got this. I'll see you guys after in the car park, that okay?"

We all nodded, and she went down the aisle to where her parents were sitting. I think her mother was already crying as they hugged tightly. I laughed slightly at the sight, then I noticed Luke back on his phone. I was about to say something when he sighed in annoyance, pressing what I assume was the call button, putting the phone to his ear, and getting up and walking out of the auditorium.

"What's up with him?" I asked Calum, who was sitting next to me.

"No idea, man. He's been like that all day." his voice seemed worried.

"I'm going to go talk to him." Calum nodded, and I got up and left to find Luke.

I swear, this school is so confusing, everything looked the same, and it took me a few minutes to find Luke, and when I did he looked angry, and was whispering down the phone with so much venom in his voice. I stayed back, trying to hide myself behind some lockers that were in the corridor. I didn't hear everything but I managed to catch the last few words,

"... I don't know what your problem is but you're being so much of a dick right now, I don't know if I'll ever be able to look at you the same again. I can't believe you're not here. You make me fucking sick!"