Chapter 1: Another Chance

Something went horribly wrong. Soon after the battle against Momoshiki Ōtsutsuki, the world come to an end. The Ōtsutsuki clan invaded and by the end of the battle, the only ones that remained alive were Uchiha Sasuke and Uzumaki Naruto. They both seen their families die and they couldn't even burry them, since the entire Konoha and all his inhibitors were erased from the face of the earth.

Everything was left in rumbles and the humanity come to an end. Almost all the tail beasts end up dead, except Matatabi, the two-tails, and Kurama, the nine-tails.

"Naruto-sama!" said Matatabi, looking down at the broken blonde man, that hold an image of his family close to his chest, crying his lungs out. "There is a scroll left by father that might help you save your loved ones!"

Hearing Matatabi's words Sasuke, that was near his blonde friend, felt hope coming back to him. Images of Sarada running towards him every time he returned from his missions. Sakura's love and tenderness. The happiness he felt in the last 13 years was gone... and now... Now? Matatabi is telling them that there is a chance to save everything.

He grabbed Naruto's shoulder and squeezed it with strength, snapping his best friend, his brother, back to reality.

"Dobe, Matatabi said there is a chance to save everybody. Snap out of it, Hokage-sama!" said Sasuke with a hopeful tone.

"Sasuke-teme, why do you sound so cheerful?! Don't you feel broken? Sad?"

"What the fuck are you saying there? You thing I am not heartbroken? I've lost my family... for the second time!" Sasuke screamed at his friend, before punching him, in a fit of rage.

"I'm sorry....Sasuke... I..."

Naruto couldn't even finish his sentence, before tears started forming in his eyes again. After years of being alone, he found what it means having a family of his own. He no longer needed to watch with jealousy at others. Even after long days at the office, Hinata's loving and understanding look, Himawari lovely smile and Boruto's shenanigans were to waiting for him.

"Listen to Matatabi, dobe!"

"Naruto-sama, like I was saying!" said Matatabi, seeing that the blonde hokage was finally listening. "Father once created a scroll, just in case something wrong happens. He knew of the treat his mother's clan brought to this world. The idea is that it could send the users back in time, to make sure that this world will survive!"

"That is great, Matatabi! Where is this scroll?!" Naruto interrupted two-tails speech. "Kurama, why didn't you tell me about this?"

"Don't be angry, kit!" a golden fox head, made of chackra appeared next to Naruto. "That justsu is..."

"Like I was saying, Naruto-sama! The only way to use that scroll is that the tail beast helps you. We will use my chakra and Kurama will assist me in performing the jutsu!" said the two tail beast, interrupting the fox.

"MATATABI!" screamed Kurama, hearing his sister's words.

"I know what I am doing Kurama!" said the cat, without leaving any room for another comments.

'Kurama!? What's the matter?'' Naruto spoke with his partner, inside his mindscape. 'Nothing, kit! Promise me that you and the Uchiha kit will not fail! There is only one chance to this. Once you've used this scroll it will vanish from existence. There are no second chances!' said Kurama, with a strained and pained voiced. 'We will not, Kurama! I swear!'

Soon after their discussion, Matatabi brought them to a hidden place where only a scroll was place on a pedestal. The cat have them stand near her and grabbed he scroll with her mouth, tossing it between the two men.