Chapter 8: Land of Waves. The might of team 7

Team 7 left the village with the drunk bridge builder. Kakashi was looking at the three genins with a weird look, trying to wrap his brain around what Naruto explained him.

~Flashback~

Naruto and Kakashi were heading towards the Hatake residence, while the blonde was telling the silver haired jounin about their situation.

"You've gotta be kidding me, Naruto?" Kakashi said, eyeing him suspiciously, while they enter the jounin's yard.

"I am not, Kakashi-sensei. Me, Sasuke-teme, Sakura-chan are from the future. You can ask me something that I couldn't possible know, unless you, yourself, told me!" Naruto replied, smirking warmly at Kakashi.

~Flashback end~

Kakashi was snapped out of his thoughts, by the sudden appearance of two presences. Before he had time to react, Sasuke and Naruto appeared in front of him, blocking the enemy's attack. The jounin was surprised by their reaction and looked at the pinkette. Sakura was looking bored, yet caseous, while guarding Tazuna. Their battle ended fast; the demon brothers weren't a match for the boys. Naruto used his signature Shadow Clone Jutsu, but he combined it with Rasengan and Sasuke used a variation of Chidori, covering his body with lightning.

"That was way too easy, teme!"

"What did you expect, dobe?"

"Maaa! It looks like you were really telling the truth!" Kakashi sighed, rubbing the back of his head. "Now, do you mind telling me what's going to happen next?"

"Sure, sensei. We are going to help the Tazuna take down Gato. Also, we want to save Zabusa and his protegee, Haku!" Naruto declared, making the jounin shake his head in exasperation.

Initially Kakashi didn't even want to have a genin team and knowing that he is responsible for a team that time travelled disturbs him greatly. They were already full fledge ninja's, they didn't need him and yet, they all seems happy to have him around. Even the Uchiha speaks friendly with him.

"Alright, Naruto! Let's continue the mission, but after we reach the destination... We four are going to have a long chat, did I made myself clear?"

Before Naruto could answer, a loud voice interrupted them. An average-sized, young woman who was of slender frame jumped from the trees. In less than a second, Kakashi appeared behind that woman, holding a kunai at her throat.

"Anko, what are you doing here?" The white haired jounin asked the woman, after he realized who she was.

"Kakashi, you are as harsh as always. I am here for Uchiha Sasuke, the Ryuchi Cave is searching for him. They annoyed me to death in the past two weeks!" She explained, grinning at the jounin.

Naruto and Sasuke looked at each other smiling. They were planning to find Anko after they return to the village, but seeing her here made it easier for them. They could have her join them and convince Kakashi to take the blame for removing her cursed mark.

"Kakashi-sensei, who is she?" Sakura asked, seeing the silent exchange between the boys.

"This is Mitarashi Anko, she is a special jounin from Konoha!" Kakashi explained to them, introducing Anko in the same time.

"That's great, sensei!" Naruto screamed. "She could help us. Afterall we are still genins and the mission seems a little dangerous. We were already attacked by two chunnins and I will regret if we leave old man Tazuna to die!" he continued, trying to convince their sensei with his plan.