Chapter 3: Changing Plans

Kurama listened to the boys talking and agree with most of their planning, but he started to get worried seeing that they finished the discussion and they forgot something important.

'KIT!' screamed the fox, trying to get Naruto's attention.

'What is it?'

'You've forgot the most important thing. You need to retrain your bodies or you will have a bunch of problems controlling your powers!'

'Kurama, it wasn't a need to discuss this. We know how to train ourselves!'

'Kit, don't be stupid. You need to grow even stronger than you were in the past if you want to change the outcome of Ōtsutsuki war...You will need help!'

'I suppose you have something in mind, Kurama!'

'Kit, I don't care a lot about humans, but I have lived a very long time and I've picked a thing or two. You are no longer a grown man; you are a twelve-year-old brat, that feeds with instant ramen. Overwork your body and it will have an opposite effect from what we desire and do not count on my help much. I am stuck in this stupid cage until you free me, so you get limited assistance, but you know someone that can offer all the help you need. She has pink hair...she is an amazing medical ninja and trained super hard for that enhanced strength of hers!'

'Sasuke will most certainly not agree with this!'

'It's just a suggestion, kit!'

As soon as Kurama finish what he wanted to say, he went back to sleep, ignoring anything else.

"Naruto?! What's the matter?" asked Sasuke, seeing that his friend looked lost.

"Sorry, teme! Kurama was telling me that we need... someone... to help us... with... training...so that we will not injure our bodies. We are no longer grown men, ya know! So, Kurama...suggest that...we should give... Sakura our memories!" Naruto said, trying to look away from Sasuke.

"You can't really consider it, dobe! Giving her our memories means she will remember the loss of our daughter...I...!"

"I don't want to either, but... thinking about it... it will solve a lot of problems for us. We won't have to hide from her, she will train really hard and... a plus for you, she won't be a fangirl!"

"Naruto, I want her to... be happy. Giving her memories of the future will make her suffer...She will have to live with the pain of losing a daughter. Every time I close my eyes, I see Sarada running into my arms, smiling lovely at me. That pain is terrible Naruto and I know you feel it too!" Sasuke told his friend, while tears fell down his cheeks.

"Yeah, I..." Naruto spoke, after a second of contemplation. "When I returned in that apartment, after I cleaned the hokage monuments, I remembered how horrible I felt as a child. The entire village hates me, nobody's waiting for me at home... you know? I use to be so jealous of children playing around with their parents. I wanted to have that as well and I got it, eventually. I had Hinata, Boruto and Himawari, I finally got happiness. When I lost them I felt like the world lost meaning... What I want to say is that, I fully understand how are you feeling, but... we have a chance to change that outcome!"

Sasuke stared at his friend, without a word, contemplating his words. They lost everyone they loved and now they have a chance of preventing it. More than that, they have a chance at fixing their own mistakes.

"Naruto..." the raven hair boy, sighed. "I will give Sakura my memories!"

As soon as Sasuke finished his sentence, the boys found themselves in the same space they first met Hogoromo Ōtsutsuki, during the fourth ninja war. In front of them, the old man Hogoromo and another man with white long hair and eyes similar with byakugan were looking at the boys.