Chapter 4: Graduation day

Sakura picked the senju seed and stared at it for a second. She hesitated. She didn't want to become corrupted and yet, she knew that this was the best option to save her daughter. In the future, after the training with Tsunade she will reach her limits and she will no longer be capable of surpassing them. She looked at her husband and she could see that his eyes were filled with worry. She understood that he was also struggling inside right now, just like she was. She turned her eyes to her blonde friend and she saw he having a guilt filled expression, probably because he convinced Sasuke to restore her future self.

"Naruto!" she spoke, after a while. "I must thank you for convincing Sasuke. I want to protect Sarada as much as he and I deserved the chance to do it!" Sakura continued speaking, determination filling her eyes.

She swallowed the seed and nothing happened. She looked at the boys and saw they were as confused as her. She wanted to say something else, but a burning sensation took over her. Massive amounts of chakra filled every cell in her body, giving her the impression that her bones were turning to ash. She felt every muscle being destroyed and reconstructed. She wanted to scream due to the excruciating pain, but no sound could escape her lips. A green chakra covered her body, becoming similar to a cocoon. As time passed the chakra around Sakura turned watery, startling the boys.

They had no idea what they should do. Sasuke's genjutsu was about to disappear and the insane amount of chakra that was around Sakura will most certainly alert the villagers. How could they explain what happens here without endangering themselves and the future?

"Sasuke!" Naruto asked after a while. "Should I teleport us away from the village?"

"Don't! We have no idea what will happen if we move her. Let me reinforce the not so infinite Tsukuyomi!" he replied hastily, worried that his blonde friend will do something stupid.

"Are you really going to call that genjustu, not so infinite Tsukuyomi? For real?" he asked with a deadpan expression, forgetting about the current situation.

Sasuke looked at his friend, finding hard to believe that his current concern is the name of the technique.

"Not the time to think about a genjutsu name right now, Naruto! Help me with chakra to cast it again!"

Naruto nodded, before placing his hand on Sasuke shoulder, preparing to send chakra to sustain the genjutsu. The raven-haired boy started redoing the hand signs for the jutsu and his rinnesharingan once again pulsated. Blood tears fell down his cheek as the the genjustsu once again hit the entire village, reinforcing the previous cast. Sasuke's face become pale and he nearly fainted due to exhaustion. The only thing that kept him conscious was the precocious situation his wife was finding herself into.

Almost an hour later, when the boys were arguing about recasting the genjutsu, the green chakra cocoon cracked and Sakura's body fell onto the ground. Sasuke rush to her and picked her into his embrace, looking at her face with worry. A pair of vibrant emerald eyes snapped open and stared lovingly at him.

"Dear, you need a haircut. Long hair doesn't really suit you!" she giggled, before hugging her husband tightly.

"Sakura are you... ok?? "He asked, feeling relief after hearing her words.

"Yes! I want to become stronger, but not at the point where I am willing to murder the world for it!" she replied, smiling at him.

"Cough..." Naruto interrupted their conversation, having a weird expression on his face. "Kurama has a message for you, Sasuke! He said that the old man Hogoromo lied about the risk. The seed wasn't strong enough to affect her, all that it did was empower Sakura's senju bloodline. Kurama explained that the old man said it... to help you keep the promise you made to my mother...You know, that about showing people that you care for them? "