Chapter 10: Uchiha family reunion

"That's great, Naruto! Let's go!" Sasuke said, feeling extremely excited and a little scared, as soon as he heard that he can see his brother again.

"All right. Kakashi-sensei, you and Sakura can cover for us if we not return before Anko!" Naruto told the other two members of the team 7.

"NO!" Sakura replied as soon as she heard the blonde's indications. "In case you've forgot, Naruto... My name is Uchiha Sakura and, as Sasuke's wife, I want to properly meet my brother-in-law!" she continued explain, while holding her husband hand.

Even though Sasuke seemed excited about meeting Itachi, she knew that he wasn't feeling really well. He always regrated killing his brother and felt guilty for it. And now, that he has a chance of seeing him once again, she wants to be there for him.

"But..."

"Maaa! It's ok, Naruto! I can cover for all of you!" Kakashi interrupted him.

"See?! Kakashi-sensei says he got this! Let's go. I want to meet my brother-in-law!" Sakura said, smiling at him.

Naruto shook his head and accepted the situation. This wasn't part of the plan, but nothing so far went according to their initial plan. Tsunade returned to the village already, the three unexplored sage regions are looking for them, Hinata has joined their group, due to the chakra she received from Hamura, even though she wasn't restored.

"Alright! Sakura will join me and Sasuke in meeting Itachi!" The blonde declared, taking out two three-headed kunai, similar to the one his father used.

Sakura and Sasuke grabbed one of his shoulders and Naruto activated the justsu. They vanished from the spot they were, leaving behind one of the kunais, as a marker, for the journey back.

In a matter of seconds, they arrived inside a forest. They looked around and started searching for chakra signatures. About a hundred meters from them, they felt two people. One whose chakra was similar to Sasuke and the other one felt like a tail beast. The moved fast towards them, not caring if they will alert the two individuals.

One of them was a fairly tall man of fair complexion, with black eyes, under which were long, pronounced tear-troughs. He had jet-black hair that was pulled back in a low ponytail and his face was framed with centre-parted bangs that extended under his chin. He wore the standard Akatsuki cloak and a slashed Konoha forehead protector to symbolise his broken ties with the village. The cloak's high collar would obscure his ponytail His cloak is unbuttoned to mid-chest and rest his left arm there, rather than in the sleeve. Under his cloak he wore clothes similar to the rest of Akatsuki: mesh armour with navy accents under an identical T-shirt with a simple white belt around the waist and dark blue pants. On his right ring finger was his Akatsuki ring, which was red and bore the kanji for "vermilion". He wore light blue nail polish on his fingers and toes and a necklace that had three silver rings with red gems inside them.

Next to him was a very tall, muscular shinobi. He had a distinctive shark-like appearance, complete with pale, blue-grey skin. He has small, round, white eyes, 3 sets of curved facial markings under his eyes, gills on his shoulders and sharp triangular teeth, the latter of which is a shared trait amongst most of the other members of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist. His blue hair is styled in the form of a shark fin. He is dressed with the typical cloak members of Akatsuki, and a brown sash across the front and back of his cloak to hold Samehada in place. He wore his Akatsuki ring on his left ring finger, bearing the kanji for "south" which was yellow in color and his nails had dark-purple polish on them.

Before the two Akatsuki members could react, team 7 jumped in front of them. Sasuke's rinne-sharingan pulsated, giving Itachi his memories back and his Mangekyou placed Kisame into a strong genjutsu.