Chapter Seven

Last night when I had gotten home the first and last thing I remember was going to my bed and laying down, it wasn't until when the alarm chirped that I noticed I was still in my suit and I glared at the alarm as it continued to annoy me. 

Grumbling, I managed to work out a few words to no one in particular. "Dammit, clock there's no school today." Although the argument with the alarm hadn't gone as far as I hoped. Lifting myself out of the bed I changed out of my suit and put on a pair of ripped jeans and a plaid t-shirt.

Making my way down to the kitchen, each step down the staircase I could hear voices coming from what I assumed was the television. 

"We're here outside of California High, where two dead bodies have been found by the entrance doors, with SATAN spelled out on the glass. The security camera managed to capture a glimpse of the user."

Following closer to the screen, I stood beside Nicolah as we both took in the act of California's newscaster. The screen faded into what the security camera had captured. They blurred the bodies and another newscaster took hold to add to the clip. "The man in this scene-.." I snorted to what was just mentioned as Nicolah turned off the tv and us both making our way into the kitchen and leaned onto the countertop.

Hearing a few ringing sounds in my head I knew I had to tap into one of my abilities, closing my eyes I could hear someone, speaking to a few people perhaps a group. This must be the pack. Perking my ears to listen to what was going to be said, I fixated on the voice rather than a certain sweet scent I had managed to pick up. 

"Alpha Griffin! What shall we do?" I turned to the so-called Griffin and listened to what he had to say. "We'll have to go back to the mainland over in Montana" Griffin spoke. Just about a quarter of the pack members were against the idea so Griffin fought back with a thought. "We're going, there are other packs out there, they need to be warned. I don't want anyone else to die," he stated. 

"Alright, so when will we leave?"  a familiar woman had asked. "Today, right now," he said. "If we go now, we'll be there in less than a week" he added. "But isn't that 5 days?" a child asked.

Griffins' eyes softened. "I know, but we'll make it," he whispered his voice barely audible, inhaling and letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding, I open my eyes and fully take a look out my new surroundings.

Montana, it was beautiful, I didn't want to leave and I haven't even gone yet. Deepening and closing my eyes, I fly out of the Montana surroundings and find myself back and leaning against the countertop. "See anything new, Savannah?" Nicolah asked.

Nodding I mention what I saw and welcome her with new information.

"Target acquired, we're leaving to Montana," I said with a small smile and the fastest way to get there. The airport.