Chapter Nine

Getting out of the plane the flight attendant greeted us with a sincere thanks, "I hope you had a wonderful flight," thanking her I made my way down from the plane and took in the new surroundings so that I could easily find Nicolah.

Desperate to find her, I kept looking around until I somehow came face to face with a man. He was slightly taller than me. His dirty blonde hair and blue eyes were piercing yet, familiar. He spoke my name that perked a smile into place.

Who in gods name is this fine piece of ass, and how does he know my name? "I'm sorry, do I know you?"

"Savannah, do the right thing and go find your mate. Don't do something you'll regret." he simply stated.

This man decided to look both ways as if he was making sure no one saw him. "Do the right thing by being yourself, don't regret anything, you've got to fight. You've grown so much, I'm counting on you." he held me close for a hug, we were like that for a good solid minute until he rested his forehead onto mine. "I love you, sis." I was just able to catch him say.

Holy god damn, no I called him a fine piece of ass. This guy, no he can't be. As confused and terrified I was for this outcome, I went straight to saying his name. "Daren?"

There was a short silence as if he wasn't expecting to hear that name, dear god I was so sure he died. Please let this just be a creepy random guy in the airport.

"Yeah?" How?

"Hey," I said with a crack in my voice. I want to hold him close to me so that he doesn't leave me again.

"I don't want to-.." Daren was able to let out before vanishing into thin air.

"Savannah!" I heard someone shout my name and found Nicolah not too far from me. "I'm going to have to change my name," she whispered as nervousness became her voice.

'Why's that?' I rang my voice through her head. Normally only alpha's could communicate with their pack members but I knew for a fact that none of my parents had alpha genes in them. I might have something wrong with me then-...

"I ran away from one of the packs in the area."

For as long as I've worked alongside Nicolah, I've never noticed anything odd about her scent. Nor had we ever talked about her life from before or outside of the company.

    "Then let's get out of here and hope no one recognises you," Heading out of the airport, the air filled with the aroma of wolf packs, and fast food joints. It wasn't before long Nicolah and
I figured out, in where the pack that we stalked from California was located.

We found a path that led to a small surrounding, I knelt down to the ground and placed my hand on the ground. Closing my eyes and paid attention to where I was, it was silent. I went to explore this new unknown but god damn, beautiful landscape.

Kids were running and playing tag in the grass. It was so adorable, the shouts of joy. Oh the pain they'll get hit with.

"Jon, when will Xander back?" I heard a young boy question a tall Jon.

  "They're going to be here soon." He replied. "How soon?" the little boy quietly asked causing a pout, what kids are cute. "Really soon," Jon said, and his eyes darkened. Could he have heard me? What did he hear? God damnit.

"Is anyone out there?" He spoke with concern, I took out my surroundings and took a breath, gotta blast my dude. I opened my eyes and found Nicolah looking oddly at me.

  "What?"

"You laughed," pause "It's been a while since I heard you laugh," 

Why is my face blasting like a furnace? No, pfft I laugh, right? I can be human.

"If we shift now we can get there more quickly." I shifted, into my melanistic black coat which happened to be a color variant of the gray wolf. 

Knowing only that my first shift was just last year at the age of seventeen. I find that it is quite odd that I don't have a wolf to guide me. But hey eff that, I'm inept-.. independant, I'm totally independant. Although, I did ask my parents, when they were still alive, if I was adopted. In return I got my birth certificate. 

Grabbing hold of my bag with my teeth, I bring my head up to find a Tundra silver wolf. 

   'Nicolah?' My voice rang through the wolves' head.

'No, this is Sladen.'

Alright, wow, she's got a harsh tone. 'Let's just get out of here'