nightmare (s.s)

in which you had a nightmare, and Sadie is the only one that can comfort you

"What are you doing up?"

The voice startled you; you hadn't expected your girlfriend to wake up. She barely got any sleep to begin with, what with her busy filming schedule, so you had hoped that she would at least have a full night's sleep at your apartment. However, that obviously didn't happen.

"Nightmare," you mumbled, your face hidden in the cup of tea that you had made mere minutes ago. "Why are you awake?" 

"Couldn't sleep without you," the redhead confessed, shrugging, before walking towards you. She rested her chin on your shoulder, wrapping her arms around your waist. You sighed at the contact, leaning backwards into the comfort of Sadie's warmth. You could hear her breathing in your ear, but it only helped to calm you. "Wanna talk about it?" Sleep obviously laced your girlfriend's voice, but you knew that she wouldn't go back to bed without you.

"I lost you," you paused, inhaling shakily. "I lost you just like I lost--"

"Shhh," she whispered, already knowing that you were beginning to get worked up. Sadie could feel it in the tenseness of your shoulders, the shaking of your hands, the breaths you took. "It's okay. I'm right here." She placed a small kiss on your temple, and you reveled in the feel of it. 

"I know, I know."

"I know you know," the redhead smiled. You giggled softly, leaning further back into her embrace. "I love you."

"I love you, too, Sades, but we should get you back to bed."

"'M not tired," she stated, yawning immediately after. She blushed as you glanced at her, knowing that she was just caught in her own lie. 

"Sure you aren't." You turned in your seat, wrapping your arms around your girlfriend as you slid off of the stool. She jumped, wrapping her legs around your waist. You laughed as she let her head lull, nearly falling asleep in your hold as you carried her back to your bedroom.

You placed Sadie on the bed carefully, watching as she buried herself beneath the blankets before hold her arms out for you. You crawled into her arms, settling down and allowing yourself to fall asleep to the rhythm of her heartbeat.