premiere (s.s)

in which you walk on the red carpet with your girlfriend for the first time

"Over here! Sadie, over here!"

"This way, girls!"

"Stunning! Fabulous!"

Shouts and calls were coming from the photographers in front of you, each one interested in getting new photos of your girlfriend. The lights from their cameras blinded you, and you glanced towards Sadie to see if she was dealing with the same issue, but her eyes were wide as she smiled in joy. She was used to this, used to people sticking cameras in her face and yelling for her to look at them--she reveled in it; it was her life. 

You, on the other hand, had never experienced this before. It was the first time you had ever gone to a premiere with Sadie, her newest movie being the first thing released since the two of you began dating. Honestly, you weren't sure how she did it so often--you hated being in the limelight. Even though most of the attention was stuck on the redhead, you knew that you would be in almost every photo, your girlfriend never taking her hand off your waist.

She knew you were nervous about this--not only was it your first premiere experience, but it was also the first time the two of you had been out together in public. Your relationship was still fairly new, only about five months old, and Sadie didn't want any public opinions to ruin what the two of you had, so she had kept you a secret until she knew your relationship was unbreakable. 

"How are you doing?" she whispered, pulling you close. You shrugged, trying to keep a smile on your face for the cameras--how horrible would it be if one of them caught you frowning on the red carpet with Sadie Sink beside you? You would seem ungrateful, and you definitely did not need that type of public opinion. 

"Could be worse," you replied. She nodded, rubbing her thumb against the small patch of skin on your hip that your dress revealed. It was a small action, but it calmed you immensely nevertheless. 

"Come. I have to do interviews." She led you towards the reporters, though the cameras did not stop clicking. You tried your best to keep up with her; you were wearing the tallest heels that had ever adorned your feet, and you were nervous about tripping--don't forget the long dress that nearly got caught beneath each step you took. Really, it was a recipe for disaster.

Luckily, you made it to the first interviewer with no issues, and you stood slightly behind the red-head as she began to answer questions. Most of the conversation was based on the movie that was about to premiere, and Sadie answered each inquiry with grace. You loved to look back on interviews that your girlfriend partook in, always admiring how professional she seemed.

"And I see you've got a guest." Your head raised at your mention, and Said took a step back so that she was shoulder-to-shoulder with you. She was, admittedly, a bit taller than you were, but you were grateful for her warmth beside you. 

"Yes, I do!" She was cheery, grinning widely as her hand found itself on your waist once more. "This is my girlfriend, Y/N!" You smiled awkwardly, cursing yourself for your more introverted personality. 

The interviewer asked a few more questions, namely about the nature of your relationship, before Sadie bid him goodbye, leading you to the next reporter. The same thing occurred: questions about the movie, the red-head revealing that the two of you were dating, questions about your relationship. And then it happened again, and again, and again. There was a pattern with each reporter. 

When everything was finally done, Sadie led you into the theater, where the two of you found your seats to prepare for the film. Some of her co-stars were still on the red carpet, so you had some time to yourselves before the movie began to role.

"How was it?" she asked as she turned towards you, both hands gripping one of yours. "Be honest, please."

"It was..." Torturous, horrible, the worst thing that you had ever experienced. "It was okay." Of course, you hated lying to the red-head, but she had been so excited to bring you to the premiere, ecstatic that you would be right beside her as she watched the film in full for the first time. "I wouldn't mind doing it again." Yes, you would, but you couldn't tell her that. You wanted to support her through her career, even if that meant having photos taken of yourself and people yelling at you and being ignored during the better half of interviews. She was worth all of it. 

"Really?" You had never seen her smile so large. "Oh, that's great! I was so worried that you would hate it and that you'd never want to do it again and..." She continued to ramble about her nerves, but her words turned to mush as you stared at her, the prettiest girl in the world.

"I love you." It was the first time that you had said those words, the first time that it would be shared between the two of you if she said it back. Her mouth hung open, eyes wide open with shock as looked at you, cutting her sentence off completely. For a moment, you worried that it was too soon, that you shouldn't have said it, but she erased that thought from your mind quickly. 

"I love you, too," she said, grinning. "I really do." Your stomach fluttered with butterflies as she reciprocated your feelings, and you leaned forward, closing the gap between the both of you. The kiss spoke for itself, and you realized that, even if you had never said those words, you would have known--Sadie's love flowed from her lips to yours, and you smiled.

author's note: this imagine was requested, so thank you to that person!

-bingwriterxo