23

Lisa pov

I followed her. Luckily I catch up with her when she was about to get in the hotel just on the other side of the road.

"Wait Jen"
I said and pull her hand.
She stopped but not facing me.

Her body is shaking as she sob. It hurts me too of course.
I really wish I could stop this push and pulls. And just confess to her. Kiss her and hug her as I want but can you tell me how?

I turn her body gently to face me.
I'm thinking of a way to make her stop crying. A way that would make us feel comfortable like it used to be.
After a few seconds, I managed to speak

'' Are you hungry Nini?''
I said and she stop sobbing and look at me in question.

" I..unnie —''
''I know a nice restaurant nearby. They sell the best dumplings. You like them a lot right?''

I ask her and wipe her tears. In a different point of view, she is just a kid to me.
She is still confused.
'' we were actually not talking about foods Lisa ''
She said a bit angry.

'' I know. But I'm hungry''
I smile at her. Ignoring what we are really on.I just want to stop overthinking and enjoy a moment with her together like we used to. It's been along time.

''Come . My treat tonight. It's been awhile since we ate together. I miss you''
I slipped my words but I just shake it off. She deserves to know some parts of the truth.

Jennie's POV

I quickly look up to stop my tears from falling down when I heard she said she missed me.

I followed her as she head to the parking lot.

Fast Forward

'' Is it good?''
She speak when I was munching on the last dumpling.

'' Yes it's delicious unnie. Thank you for taking me here''
I said not making eye contact with her. The atmosphere is still awkward and uncomfortable but I'm adjusting slowly since she never mention about our conversation earlier. It's good in a way that we are eating together tho. I miss her , you guys know it .But I don't want to show it desperately to her since rejecting and pushing me away is all that she will always do.

'' You're welcome. It's just that you get slightly thinner so I just think about treating you your favorite food. ''

''Thanks''
I said and I look outside since I already finished my food.

There's a silence between us for some minutes before Lisa speak.

'' How long are you staying here?"
She asked me and this time our eyes met.

'' I'm not sure. But I want to go back to Korea already.  But Song Kang oppa wants me to stay in LA with him for the New Year eve.''

'' That sounds good. It seems like you guys are really close. LA is a fun place so I'm sure you'll enjoy it''
She said as she sip her red wine

'' Thanks . How about you? You're here with your girl friend right?''
I try my best to make it sounds casual.
It's funny how we are pretending like we weren't arguing over my confession earlier.

'' I'm going back after the New Year eve. And no.. actually we are not official yet. But we are getting to know each other. Sorry for lying you I —''
'' no need to sorry unnie. I'm the one who should apologize. I won't do it again. I was tired so I lost my self control. I shouldn't let my emotions took over me.''

I speak as calm as I could.
I can't believe that she lied to me about it. I feel so disrespected and low.

''Sorry Jen''
She said.