Chapter Seven: It happened again.

After the little bet they had, everyone who attended the concert had already gone so the band decided to head out. Yami decided to stay back to go talk to their mother and the rest headed off to their favorite restaurant after a day of working hard. They bid each other farewell and headed separate ways. Yami had convinced Tsuki to go with her, so her little sister was currently following Yami nervously. She never in a million years expected her mother to attend one of her concerts.

"Mother," Yami said with a serious and monotone voice.

Tsuki didn't utter a word, she never really talked to her mother much and she wanted it to stay that way.

"What was that?" Their mother said, looking disappointed.

"Pardon?" Yami replied.

"Why were you on stage?" she asked.

"The band was short a member and—"

"That doesn't matter, I don't want another one of my children becoming a mistake," their mother hissed. Those words hurt Tsuki to the core. She felt like crying once more.

"You even made a mistake. No point in being on stage if you slip up," Their mother added.

"Yami did amazing," Tsuki mumbled.

"What?" she raised an eyebrow.

"I said, Yami. Did. Amazing." Tsuki replied, glaring at her mother. Clearly, she was still hurt about what her mother said but what mattered more to her was what was being said to her twin, she was infuriated.

"How dare you talk back to me." It wasn't a question. It sounded as if she was threatening her. And, filled with rage, their mother raised a hand against her. For a split second, Tsuki thought time was passing slowly. So she closed her eyes, waiting for the hit. But nothing happened.

This was because Yami had intervened, taking the hit instead.

"Don't touch my sister," she said, looking her mother dead in the eye, her eyes void of any emotion but one; hatred for her mother. She definitely resented her mother, ever since they were little but this wasn't the first time their mother tried to put her hands on her sister. She couldn't stand to watch her twin get hurt. Even if it meant that she would take all the hits. Mrs. Nishimura was slightly surprised but regained her composure just as quickly.

"Now you're rebelling against your mother, huh?" She questioned, "Did your little sister do this to you?"

"You've never acted like a mother to us," Yami replied, "I don't care how many times you hit me but I will not let you lay a finger on Tsuki. And don't you fucking forget; You will never be our mother."

Tsuki hadn't really seen her sister like this, so she was also taken aback by the sudden change in her personality but at the same time, she wasn't listening at that point. Tsuki lost all senses after the first slap, this wasn't the first time Yami had gotten hurt because of her. She always needs to be protected by her siblings and they end up getting hurt. She hated it so much, she hated being such a weakling. Why couldn't she fend for her and her siblings for once? Tsuki knew she was on the verge of tears, but she tried to at least show that she wouldn't start crying like a kid.

Dazai had also seen what happened. He was about to go talk to the twins but stopped in the middle of his tracks when he saw their mother. He planned to talk to them after but couldn't just watch when Yami got hit.

"Move aside," Her mother said dismissively, pushing Yami away. Making Yami stumble as her mother gripped Tsuki's wrist tightly, her nails digging in her child's skin, creating white marks.

"Stop it," Tsuki said, tears streaming down her face, "It hurts."

"Who cares—"

"You're hurting her!" Yami shouted. Her mother rounded on Yami. She was nearly about to get hit again, but Dazai was there to stop it this time.