Chapter Eleven: Love... Why bother?

"Albedo, can you stop sleeping and at least try to entertain me with something?" Tsuki muttered, poking the guy whose head was currently buried in his arms.

Albedo didn't stir. Tsuki sighed and stared at the man. If anything, he should be mad at her. He had all the reasons in the world to hate her, but here he was, taking care of someone who didn't deserve his care.

"Fluffy," Tsuki mindlessly said aloud, reaching for her manager's hair. It was fluffy. In fact, it was so fluffy that she wanted to touch it the whole day without stopping. Feeling someone playing with his hair awoke Albedo.

"What are you doing?" He asked, tilting his head slightly to look at her.

"Do you hate me?" Tsuki asked, her hand stopped caressing his hair.

"You're not answering my question," Albedo replied, sitting up now.

"You do hate me," Tsuki declared, withdrawing her hand and staring into his soft eyes.

"Tsuki, I don't hate y—"

"You've been here for hours and all you've done is sleep. You do hate me," She interrupted, speaking in a confident tone. As if she was supposed to be proud of something like that.

"I said, I. Don't. Hate. You. End of topic." Albedo replied sternly, looking annoyed.

"If you don't hate me, then you're mad at me."

"Oh my God, will you just drop it already? I don't hate nor am I mad at you."

"Then why are you acting like this?"

"Because you tried to leave me?!" Being fed up with all of Tsuki's whining, he said something he shouldn't have.

"What..?" Tsuki was shocked, she wasn't expecting this answer from her manager.

"Nothing. I said nothing."

"But—"

"I'm heading outside to get some fresh air. Rest." He got up from where he sat and left the room, not even bothering to give Tsuki a glance.

"He's... mad 'cause I tried to kill myself..?" Tsuki muttered under her breath. She still couldn't believe that was the reason. She thought he wouldn't even care, I mean who is Tsuki to him anyway? He's just her manager and nothing more... right..?

. . .

Albedo was in a slight panic. He knew he couldn't let himself fall for her, he was just her manager nothing more, nothing less. Plus he didn't want past events to repeat itself.. especially what had happened to her but for some reason... he can't seem to stop himself from falling further Albedo was lost in his thoughts, unable to ask anyone for an answer. In fact, he was too lost in his thoughts that he hadn't even noticed Yami and Dazai were heading his way.

"Good morning, Albedo," Yami and Dazai greeted in unison but didn't get a reply from the blonde man standing before them. "Hello? Albedo? Earth to Albedo?" Yami said, making another attempt to gain his attention, and this time, it worked.

"Huh? Oh, I'm very sorry. Did you need anything?" He replied.

"I was just gonna head inside Tsuki's room till I saw you and figured we should at least greet you." She explained, "Would you like to join us inside?"

"Ah.. I think I'll stay outside for now..." Albedo replied, looking at the ground.

"Oh.. Did you two fight?" Yami asked bluntly.

"Oh, no," Albedo said reassuringly, "I just need some... fresh air," he lied.

Yami nodded understandingly, opening the door to Tsuki's room and disappearing inside along with her best friend. Albedo then headed to the rooftop, thinking it would beat staying inside the confines of the hospital.