First Day! [Part 2]

Mindi's POV

"A quirk assessment test?"

The whole class asked in unison. A test? On the first day? This is so cool! This feels so surreal... Being in a school of heroes. This truly is a dream come true. My eyes beamed.

"What about the entrance ceremony? The orientation?"

Uraraka asked.

"If you're going to become a hero, you don't have time for such leisurely events."

(Leisure = Time when one is not working ; free time)

Aizawa-sensei replied, before continuing.

"That's also how the teachers run their classes."

The class shifted uncomfortably.

"You kids have been doing this since junior high too, right?"

Aizawa-sensei asked. It's a no from me. I was homeschooled. I had never taken a physical assessment test in my life.

"Physical fitness tests where you weren't allowed to use Quirks."

He explained, holding out his phone. They did that in junior high? I didn't know that was a thing... Whoops.

"The country still uses averages taken from results from students, not using their quirk. It's not rational. Well, the Ministry of Education is procrastinating..."

(Procrastinate = To delay or postpone an action ; put off doing something)

He paused, before looking at Bakugou.

"Bakugou, you finished at the top of the practical exam, right?"

He asked. Bakugou scoffed.

"In junior high, what was your best result for the softball throw?"

He asked. Bakugou took a second to respond.

"67 Meters."

Bakugou replied.

"Then, try doing it with your quirk."

Bakugou walked into a white circle drawn on the ground, softball in hand.

"You can do whatever you want, as long as you stay in the circle."

Aizawa-sensei explained. I stood ther observing Bakugou's movements.

"Hurry up, give it all you got."

Aizawa-sensei instructed. Bakugou stretched his arms. He's been surprisingly calm for a good while now. He took a few steps back, preparing to throw the softball. He flung his arm forward. As it was leaving his hand, he set of a huge explosion to increase its speed and distance.

"DIE!"

...

Die?...

I sweatdropped.

The ball flew across the terrain and landed a good distance away.

"Know your own maximum first. That's the most rational way to form the foundation of a hero."

Aizawa said holding up his phone.

705.2m

Woah... Suddenly a boy with yellow hair and a black lighting bolt spoke up.