Life isn't always perfect

Kick after kick.

Punch after punch.

Hit after hit.

Pain that's all I have felt for the last fourteen years. My family probably has long forgotten about me. Everyone all grown up and living a happy life. As for me I live my life in a dark room in a basement with a little window that has bars across it and a single light bulb that flickers.

The thoughts of giving up and giving in have been there a lot but something has been stoping me for the last couple of years. My daughter Kenzie.

Born the 6th of August about four years ago. She is the best thing to happen to me since I've been kidnapped. The way I got her may not be the best way but I know that I don't want to change anything about her. She has brown hair and blue eyes all of which she gets from me. The only thing she gets from her dad is his nose.

Jamie.

That name haunts me everyday and night. The guy that has made my life a living hell. The same guy who gave me my daughter. He has taken over after his step dad.

Alex.

The guy who ripped me away from my family. The one who beat me everyday saying it was all my mothers fault that I was here. After about nine years he let his son take over. Everything was worse.

"Mommy can you tell me another story?" My daughter Kenzie asks me.

"Of course baby." I say as I sit up on the bed.

"Once upon a time, there was a little girl named Summer. She lived with her parents and her baby brother. She always dream of the day that she would grow up and meet her mate, or at least someone who loved her. She would always wake up with a smile on her face and then she would go play with her best friend Aden.

One day..." I say but I trail off when I see that she has fallen asleep. So I lay down on the bed again and go to sleep holding my little angel.

//////////////////////////////////

I wake up the next morning to one of Jamie's men bringing us our breakfast. They feed us the same thing each day unless Eric brings us something different. Oatmeal with a glass of milk for breakfast, a sandwich with a piece of ham for lunch and a bowl of soup for dinner. The odd time they added a stale bun for us to share. It wasn't much but it kept us alive. It also helps my wolf from giving up on me because I need her to help heal me.

After we finished our breakfast, I put the tray by the door and then go over to the bin that held three outfits for each of us. Today was the day they would come and wash the dirty clothes so there was only one left. A pair of ripped jeans and a t-shirt for me and a red dress with a pair of black leggings for Kenzie. Just then the door slams open and one of the guards comes in. Kenzie runs and hinds under the bed. After the door is shut and locked behind him I notice that it's only Eric. "Kenzie it's ok to come out." I say and she crawls out from under the bed.

"Uncle Eric." She says excitedly and runs and gives him a hug. Eric is Jamie's younger brother and he is the only person who has been nice to me since I got here. Eric hasn't fallen into Alex foot prints like his brother has.

"Hey Kenzie Kat." He says as he hugs her back and then he comes over and gives me a hug. "How's it going?"

"As good as it can be. Most of my Broken bones have healed."

"That's good but I have some bad news."

"What is it?" I ask him, the worry filling my body.

"It's Jamie, he decided that he's coming home early, he'll be here in a couple of hours." He says giving me another hug while I cry into his arms.