I love you but can i say it

"Well I-." Joker couldn't get the words out of his mouth as he panicked, "I feel the same way, I do but I don't know if I'm ready to say it... After Harley I'm scared." Bruce completely understood, "It's okay. Whenever you're ready I'll be too." Joker nods smiling a bit and hugging him. 'How could someone be so perfect?!' He thought to himself. Bruce held him once again rubbed his back, "If I'm honest. I was scared to say it." "You were? But your Bruce Wayne and Batman." Joker grew quiet for the last part. Bruce nods, "I know. But even hero's get scared sometimes with emotions." Joker nods as Bruce puts his hand on his cheek, "Ouch- Sorry the wound." Bruce nods, "Right sorry. Let's go sit down watch a movie if I get called on a mission I'll come back when done." Joker nods going to the couch to put on a movie, Bruce sat next to him and wrapped his arms around Joker holding him close soon kissing him. Joker smiled kissing him, "Thank you Batsy... You make me smile again." Bruce smiled rubbing his head, "Glad to hear it."
After a week or two Joker was out causing mischief and sat on the ground exhausted laying on the concrete passing out. Batman glides over and looked at him and frowned, "He tired himself out." Batman picked him up to bring him home. Once they made it to his house and laid Joker on the bed and took his mask off hearing Joker suddenly mutter, "Batsy?... Is that you?" Bruce heard his voice and spoke, "Yes." as he was changing out of his Batgear. Joker smiled hugging a pillow, "Okay... J-just checking..." He said thinking if he should say it now and he did, "I love you." Bruce's eyes lit up and soon walked over to him  sitting on the bed and rubbing his hair, "Did I hear you right." Joker nods tiredly, "Well I love you too Jack." Joker smiled leaning close to the touch and falling asleep again completely exhausted. Bruce smiled holding him close with a smile as his heart melts. Bruce hearing Joker be able to say he loved him made him proud and happy.
The next morning Bruce was holding Joker close and rubbing his back as Joker woke up and looked at his boyfriend who was already awake, "Good morning... My head kinda hurts from passing out on the ground." Bruce looked into his eyes and kissed him, "I can take care of you if you want." "If it still hurts in an hour then sure." Joker looked at him and cuddled him to relax. Bruce looked at him, "Why did you do all that?" Joker looked down as his smile fades, "It was almost two weeks without seeing you and I didn't want you to fight someone else so I caused a huge scene for you." Bruce rolled his eyes, "That was stupid Jack. I just because I have to fight other villains doesn't mean I'll replace you. Your stuck in my head." Joker looked at him nodding. "I know you're nervous and you have every right but you can trust me."