Chapter Thirteen: I Wish I Never Liked You

101 Ways to Get the Girl
A Raura Fanfiction
Chapter Thirteen: I Wish I Never Liked You
~Right Where We Left~

While Rocky and Vanessa were giggling and smiling upstairs, Riker had just finished calling Marisa and saying no to their prom date. He wanted to go with Vanessa. And he truly regretted what he said to her.

Little did he know, she had already moved on.

Riker slowly came up the stairs and to the entrance of her room. He took in a deep breath, then knocked on the door. Vanessa and Rocky heard, and Rocky answered the door. Riker looked at Rocky, confused. "Um, can I talk to Vanessa real quick...?" He asked quietly.

Rocky looked at Vanessa for approval, and she reluctantly nodded. "Fine, come in," Rocky said to Riker and let him in. Understanding that they'd want privacy, Rocky left the room.

Vanessa sat nervously on her bed as Riker stood against the wall. He whistled awkwardly, making Vanessa give him a look. He slowly stopped. "So, um, what's going on with us...?" Riker asked quietly.

"I don't know..." She murmured quietly.

"Look, I really love you, Nessa. I mean that so much, I promise I'm not lying. I don't know what got into me back there. It was horrible and mean. I shouldn't have said what I said. I don't wanna lose you. I really don't want to. I love you too much to lose you," he said softly, sitting next to her and grabbing both her hands.

Vanessa pushed his hands away and stood up, walking over to the wall, "Riker, that's what you don't understand. I love you too, and I don't wanna lose you. But you hurt me. How could you honestly think taking someone else to prom wouldn't upset me in the slightest? That's so unfair."

Riker stayed silent and sighed, "I'm sorry..."

Vanessa ran a hand through her hair feeling guilty, not knowing what to do.

Riker knew exactly what she was feeling just by the way she did things. If she bit her lip, she was hungry. If she played with her fingers, she was nervous. If she ran a hand through her hair, she was guilty.

"Wait, wait, wait. Why are you guilty?" He said quickly, standing up.

Vanessa sighed again, knowing she was stupid enough to give away exactly how she was feeling. "U-Um... I'm not guilty..." She mumbled quietly.

"We might be mad at each other, but I know exactly how you feel by your actions. Don't you dare lie to me, Ness," he told her, fear already bubbling in his eyes.

"I-I kissed Rocky... Well he kissed me... I kissed back though..." She replied, looking down silently.

"M-My own brother...? Y-You kissed my own brother...?" Tears filled Riker's eyes.

Vanessa nodded slowly, looking up to see his reaction. He sighed angrily, clenching his fists and leaving the room. Vanessa burst into tears and chased after him. "R-Riker, stop!! D-Don't hurt him! H-He was only comforting me!" She cried breathlessly and hard, gripping onto his arm.

He pushed her off and forced his way into Rocky's room. He was able to slam the door shut before Vanessa could work herself in. "How dare you...?" Riker mumbled to Rocky, not daring look him in the eyes.

"The kiss?" Rocky sighed.

"Yes, that freaking kiss. That kiss that you gave to MY girlfriend. The one that ISN'T YOURS," Riker replied angrily, making Rocky put his laptop down and stand up.

"You broke her heart. She was so hurt and vulnerable. You had already lost her, I just had the guts to take a chance," Rocky said, also having the guts to stand up to his brother.