Chapter 1

After so long, I'm finally heading back home. My degree is completed, bringing me one step closer to my dream. I've missed my family dearly—Mom, Dad, and Sakshi di.

I haven't been in touch with them properly due to my studies. Five years have flown by. Let me introduce myself.

Hi, I'm Mahi Rajpoot, from the Rajpoot Gharana of Rajasthan. I just completed my Bachelor's in Interior Architecture. It's always been my dream to be a successful interior designer. I once designed an entire house that made my father proud. Despite our rigorous culture, my father always supported my ambitions, while my courageous and strong mom has been my rock.

And then there's my lovely sister, Sakshi Rajpoot. She's like a goddess—so pretty and graceful. She's living her dream of being a teacher. She mentioned having surprises for me; I can't wait to find out.

Finally, arriving at my house, the gatekeeper welcomed me. My father is wealthy, not me. Stepping out of the car, the familiar breeze hit my face, reminding me of home. I saw Mom waiting with open arms and ran into her embrace.

"Mom," I said, hugging her.

"Meri Bacchi (my child)," she replied, showering me with kisses. "Where's Papa?" I asked, spotting him nearby.

"Right here," he said, embracing me. "How was your study?"

"I did it, Papa. The master's form will be out soon, and I'm filling it," I said, knowing I'd have to convince him.

"Let's see," he replied.

"Where's di?" I asked.

"She's in her room," Mom said.

Rushing upstairs, I found Sakshi lying on her bed. "Diii," I exclaimed, hugging her tightly.

"Mahii," she replied, giving me a peck. "I love you, my baby," she added, and I echoed the sentiment.

After freshening up, I headed downstairs for lunch, relishing the feeling of being back in my own space.

After five years ... damn after five years i came back and everything feels so good.. its like nothing is changed and everything is still the same the time I have left ..  I went to my room and changed into my comfortable clothes... and went out ..I sat on the dining table .. "its good you finally came back " Mom said .. " I know Mom..I missed you so much .." I said .. "well Where's Sakshi di and Papa (father) ? " I asked .. " they are joining us in bit ..well see what I made for you ...your favorite " she said with enthusiasm.." Daal baati choorma ? " I exclaimed..

Daal baati choorma is a Indian delicacy.. its very famous in rajasthan.
Dal is a lentils whereas Bati is a wheat ball which is baked and choorma is sweetened crushes made with cereals and other things .. speciality is to eat it with ghee which adds extra taste to it ..

" I love this Mom you are the best " I said .. I cant wait to eat it but it's our tradition to wait for whole family to be assemble and then start eating .. its like a family time we need for each other..."Mom..where are they both ..I am starving" i said ..mom called the servant and ask them to look for them.."Mahi you are hungry I know ..you can start eating " Mom said .. "what " I looked at her shocked .. what I just heard  .."what happened?" She looked at me and nodded .. "what I can start eating?" I asked again .."yes my dear " she said .."well I guess this is the one thing that has changed in five years since I left .." I said satisfied.."yes Mahi many things are changed .." Mom said .. I looked at her ..well it seems like she is zoned out .."Mom what do you mean by many things are changed ? I asked confusingly  ...

"Mahi well--" here here my daughter is here " I looked at the other side .. he is my father.." yes yess I am here " ..I said ..they both sat with us..." Mahi ki mummy (Mahi,s mom) its been a long time we four sat together right ? " he said .."yes quite a long time .. " Mom said.." all because of this silly little girl " Sakshi di said mocking me .."dii don't tease me " I said with a puppy face .." aww..now cmon eat your food .." she said ..

I smiled at her and we all started eating together .. "Mahi a brand new wardrobe has been added to your room so that your all clothes can fit it in .." Mom said . "But why? " I said ..mom Dad looked at me carefully .."what happened?" I asked. ."your studies are done right ?" They asked .. "yes I am done" I said .." so you are going to stay here right.." Mom asked.  "Oh yes yes ..for five to six months I am going to be here.   " I said but Mom dad kept looking at me .. "what ?" I asked .."Mahi I thought your studies are over and now you are going to stay here . " my dad said .."well yes dad .. i know ..my graduation is completed but you know  ...

now I am looking for a universities who can provide actual good education in my sector .." I said .."well your studies Mahi and I think it's already concluded right ? " dad asked ..I nodded .. "so there's no need to go out and study..if you want we can arrange a professional teacher for you who can teach you your interior designing .. " he said ..but dad I am not intrested in this home tuition thing..thinking about this  I just nodded at them .."look beta whatever I have said it's for your own good only " he said .."yes pa I know " I said... then we all ate in silent mode ..."cmon di speak up a bit ..why are you keep blushing " I said .." Nothing Mahi ..I am totally fine " she said .."No no there's something " I said .." No there's nothing .  " she said and made a face ..ughhh I will hug you so tight di that i will crush you ...I said teasingly and she started running .. " Di stop running ..." i said ..." no catch me if you want to .." she said ... 

" Mahi and sakshi atleast have your lunch properly betaa... " mom said .."not a chance mom ... after so many years she showed her face .. i am not gonna let her sit even for one minute.. " she said... " and caught you " i caught her .. and hugged her .. mom dad started laughing .. " i missed you didi " i said ... "i missed you too my dear sister .." then we went back to having lunch ... 

 I am so happy to finally joining back my family... Then i went to my garden for a walk ... " Oh i miss you Jaisalmer " i said and admired all the flowers and trees that are there in my Garden ... although i am only searching for one tree that i planted five years ago ... Where is that .. " Kumar sahab, where is that tree that i planted five years ago.."  i asked to gardener ... " Mahi di .. its there " he said pointing and i was shocked to see ... its huge ... i went up to that tree and touched it ... " happy to see your tree.. " i looked back and my father was there ... " Yes.. i am really very happy " i said.." Take some rest Mahi... you must be tired .." ..i nodded at him and went away ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mahi didn't know that coming back home would bring a drastic change in her life. What would this change be?

Her life is about to take a 360-degree turn.

Keep reading to uncover the twists and turns in her journey.

Loads of love,

Yours,

ERICA <3