Not so golden

Draco and Harry had been seeing each other in secret for a couple of weeks before deciding to tell anyone. Everyone noticed that they had become friends and since they thought that was weird enough they didn't think of it as anymore than that.
Draco and Harry had decided that Draco would talk to Pansy and Goyle and Harry would talk to Ron and Hermione. After they would meet up in the room of requirement, where they could be alone and talk.

Draco knew that Pansy and Goyle would be in the Slytherin common room so that was where he went. As he walked down the stairs to the dungeon he felt his stomach rumble more and more. He was so afraid of what they might say. 'You're a disgrace Draco', 'You dishonor your family name' or 'We don't want to see you again.' Draco wanted to just turn away and go back but he had to talk to them. No matter the cost. He wanted to show people how much he liked Harry and not having to meet in secret all the time. He wants to walk to classes holding his hand and kissing him goodbye. The thought of it made Draco smile. This was the first step to achieving that goal. He was going to do it. He walked with determined steps to the slytherin common room.

He opened the slytherin common room door and when he walked in he saw Pansy and Goyle sitting on a sofa and talking to each other. It had been so long since Draco had been in the common room. He was too busy sneaking off with Harry every other minute. They had changed some of the decorations in the common room. It felt much cosier now. He walked up to them and sat at the opposite side of them in an armchair.

"Hey Draco" Pansy said happily. "Haven't seen you around much."
"No, I've been busy with homework" He made up.
"That is a terrible excuse Draco."

Draco placed his hand on the arm rest of the armchair to try and look like his cool self but his facial expression gave it away. He smacked his tongue and knocked with his hand on the armrest. His heart beat faster. Pansy and Goyle were both looking at Draco with confusion in their eyes.

"I'm dating Harry Potter!" Draco blurted out a tid too loud.
"I knew it!" Pansy exclaimed.
"Your plan worked!" Goyle added.
Draco looked confused at the two of them.
"wha- what do you mean?" he asked with lowered eyebrows.
Goyle sighed.
"You remember the game night we had a couple of weeks ago?"
"Yeah"
"So Pansy made up a plan to make you and Potter kiss so that it would spark a relationship between you too."
Draco gave Pansy a surprised look. Pansy looked back at him with a smile on her lips.
"Look, Draco. It has been clear that from day one you have had a crush on Harry Potter." She informed me. "I just wanted to make something happen, because you have been so sad. I wanted to make you happy."

Tears started to appear in Draco's eyes. He couldn't believe his friends could have done something like this. It was true what they said. It had made him happier. A lot happier. But it was not all rainbows and kittens. He was still having nightmares the nights he wasn't with Harry.

"And you're fine with it?" he asked. Pansy smiled.
"Of course" Draco looked to Goyle for his reaction.
"Not a problem."

Draco started to cry and wrapped his arms around his understanding friends.
"Thank you!" he cried out while burying his face in Pansy's shoulder. Draco was more than happy. He could feel his happiness spreading throughout his entire body. He had to tell Harry. Everything was going to be okay.

Harry sat in the common room scanning through his notebook. Hermione had once again dragged Ron into the library to study so Harry waited for them to get back. For every second that went by he became more and more anxious. There was no one else in the common room at that time which was not a surprise. Everyone probably went to their original common rooms to spend their time there but this made things easier for Harry. There was no one to eavesdrop on their conversation.
The door to the common room opened and Ron walked in.