Christmas

When Harry woke up on christmas day he was very tired. He crept closer to Draco to cuddle him but he wasn't there. He opened his eyes to find that he was alone in the room. Beside Harry in the bed at the place where Draco usually laid was empty. Harry could still feel the warmth from Draco on the covers so he couldn't have left too long ago. The pillow smelled like him and Harry couldn't help but smile. With a jawn, Harry sat up in the bed and looked around. The sun had just started to shine in from the windows so it was pretty early in the day. The beds around them were empty and nicely put together. Hogwarts had become a lot quieter now with everyone gone. The chatters and arguments that went on in the sleeping quarters were gone and a calming silence had spread across the room. Harry reached for his glasses that were placed on the nightstand and put them on. He could see his messy hair in the mirror in front of him. It looked awful. Spikes of hair stood out on all sides. 'Does Draco really see me like this in the mornings?' Harry wondered to himself.

He stood up to walk closer to the mirror, scanning his face to look for any signs of tiredness. Draco had woken up in the middle of the night again. The same nightmare that had troubled him before had come back. Draco thought that it had disappeared after Harry had come into his life. It had. But yesterday proved his theory wrong. Harry had been so kind and loving to hold Draco tight the entire night.

Harry had learned how caring Draco could be. Whenever Harry was sad or down, Draco came running. He could only try to do the same. Harry was about to put on his clothes when he heard a tapping on the window. It was Ulysses. Draco's owl. It carried a small letter which Harry could see was addressed to him. He walked over to the window and opened it. The eagle flew inside the room and landed on the side of Neville's bed. He dropped the letter and Harry went over to pick it up. He opened it without any hesitation. He took a deep breath and read what it said.

Merry Christmas beautiful. I hope you are feeling good. I know that I was a little bit of a mess last night, but I hope I wasn't too much trouble. Now, Put on your clothes and come down. I have a surprise for you.

A smile spread across Harry's face. He went over to his nightstand and put the letter in the drawer. As he heard someone walking downstairs he could only think it was Draco so he quickly put on his clothes. He ran towards the mirror and fixed his hair which he had forgotten to do before. He took a final look at himself in the mirror before venturing downstairs.

When he came downstairs he could see Draco standing in front of the fireplace. He, as always, looked very well put together. His hair was placed so gently on his forehead and the dark green sweater that he wore that was wrapped around his torso was in the perfect size. He stood there smiling at Harry. The room was filled with lit candles and fairy lights were put up all over the ceiling. It looked magical. Harry smiled and when he walked closer he noticed that Draco was holding a red rose in his right hand.

"Hey"
"Is this for me?"

Draco nodded as Harry took the rose out of his hand. He closed his eyes as he smelled the flower. The chuckle that he released made Draco smile. Harry looked up at Draco and placed his arms around his neck.

"Thank you" He said before kissing Draco on the lips. The candles that were placed all over the room shined brighter as their kiss deepened. Draco's hair fell on Harry's eyelids and they both chuckled. Harry guided the locks away from his face and held it in place on Draco's forehead. Draco's grey eyes were filled with happiness as they seemed to shine so magnificently looking at Harry. Draco leaned closer to Harry's ear.

"I love you" He whispered. Harry took a hold of Draco's neck and pulled him back so that he could see his face. He placed a gentle kiss on his cheek. Draco smiled and wrapped Harry up in a tight hug. They released each other and decided to sit down on the sofa.
"So..."
"What is it Harry?"
"Well, I want to thank you for doing this for me. I could never have thought of something like this."
"I do have a thing for romance. Especially when it's with you."