Glad I told Steele

woops sorry for the late update

Troye’s POV

Troye, Tyler told me.

I get the DM from Zoe as he walks away. It immediately calms my racing heart.

Hi Zo. Thank you for talking to me.

We talk on and on, just catching up and such. I tell her what happened, having to send the messages every 140 goddamn characters. How stupid.

So I woke up and he was sitting in the aisle seat. I’m at the window, so there was my backpack in between us. He talked in the same voice that he did the morning after, and he said the exact same thing. That noise alone was enough to make me want to kill myself. The memories alone, Zo.

Anyways I turn around and he’s there. I just sat there in shock. I couldn’t move. So he keeps talking. He’s got my phone in his hand and he’s got my Spotify pulled up and he’s smirking and honestly I have no clue what he’s doing and then he says to me “Frank Ocean? Really?”

The dick comes and insults one of my favourite people and I just snapped I guess. I’m in the face of my rapist and the thing that makes me snap is him insulting my music. Crazy isn’t it? So I snap. And I yell at him to get away. And that motherfucking douche laughs at me. So I pushed him out of his seat. And he stumbled a bit and walked away. I’m still scared.”

I finish the story, and Zoe responds with a surprisingly (not insulting Zoe I just didn’t expect it) beautiful paragraph.

IF SOMEONE MAKES YOU FEEL BAD FOR THE BANDS YOU LISTEN TO OR THE WAY YOU TAKE YOUR COFFEE OR HOW YOU WEAR YOUR HAIR OR WHAT YOU WEAR OR THE WAY YOUR LAUGH SOUNDS THEN FUCKING DROP THEM LIKE THE PIECE OF SHIT THEY ARE AND GO FIND SOMEONE WHO THINKS YOUR LAUGH SOUNDS LIKE THE BEST GODDAMN SONG THEY’VE EVER HEARD AND OFFERS TO MAKE YOUR COFFEE FOR YOU AND THINKS YOU DRESS LIKE ART

I giggle out loud a bit. Of course Zo sends something like that. I respond jokingly,

Did you steal that from Tumblr, Zo?

Her response makes me laugh.

Maybe…

We continue to talk for awhile, until I notice my phone’s almost dead. The seatbelt light flashes back on, and I notice I almost got through my flight. The pilot’s voice comes on, announcing that we are beginning our descent into Perth.

The last 10 minutes of the flight seem to drag on longer than the whole flight did. I guess I lost all of the time between panic attacks and sleeping.

I grab my bag, getting off of the plane. I wait until Connor walks past my aisle so I know he isn’t following me. I walk as fast as I can without letting him out of my sight. As soon as I get past the security line, I see my family. I bolt past Connor into their arms. I see Steele glare at Connor as he walks past us, not looking any of us in the eyes. No one knows except Steele, who I usually don’t tell much. But we were Skyping and everyone else went to dinner but I guess he had already eaten or something so it was just him and I and he knew something was wrong and I had promised myself it wouldn’t be kept a secret or hidden so I told him. And I’m glad I did. He helped me so many times when Tyler was in class or something. I never told Tyler this, of course, because he would get worried.

My family and I finally break away from the hug and start to walk towards the car. We get in, and I remember to call Tyler.

“Wait hold on I have to call Ti-” My family looks at me, “I mean Tyler. I have to tell him we landed.” Sage giggles and my mom says “Ok. Go ahead, it’s a long drive back.”

I start dialing the number I memorized ages ago, until the name pops up and I click on it. It starts ringing, and I remember the international costs right as I hear sniffles on the other line.

SO BASICALLY YAY OR NAY? Also expect the updates to come later. I'm sorry. THANK YOU ALL FOR 6.5K TOO?? THAT'S INSANE??? ok sorry again for the short update and thank you all for reading and have a good day or night or whatever it is--Tay