Pesci

Haizea gets Pesci some gelato after he has a bad day.

____________________________________________________________

NOTES:

Pesci has a short summer crush. I thought this would be nice for him.

WARNING:

Lets just say poor Pesci has a very poor opinion of himself.

____________________________________________________________

The mission did not go well. The hit was a success, but Pesci messed up badly. Aniki got injured and was disappointed in him. And it was all his fault. He just froze and couldn't move, aniki had to get in, and even if he managed to kill the target, he won't be able to go on missions for a while. No wonder the others make fun of him.

Trying to make himself feel less horrible, Pesci went to the pier to fish. It's late on a warm summer afternoon and the sea breeze is as pleasant as ever. He was the only person fishing at the end of the pier, and he allowed himself to wallow there as time passed. Suddenly, and startling him out of his thoughts, a cup of gelato is presented in front of his face.

"You look like you need it more than I do."

Pesci looks to his left, and becomes speechless. As when he does so, he finds himself face to face with a petite girl, smiling softly at him. She's small and doll-like, with long, long baby blue hair tied with white ribbons into two long long braids that remind him of droopy bunny ears. She's warm and soft but her eyes, as bright as they are, share the color of the overcast sea. She's so pretty, and she's not being mean to him, she's actually being nice and she has just raised an eyebrow because he's staring and not answering and her arm must be getting tired and-

"I-I I don't need it. Gelato is for children anyway!"

Shit! Why did he have to say that? He just acted tough on reflex. Now she's going to get mad at him. See!? Her brow just twitched. But despite Pesci's panic, he does not get berated or insulted.

"Well, sometimes a children's indulgence is what it takes to cheer one up. Besides, you have your back to land, and anyone with a good angle to see, would be too far away to tell what you're eating."

Lucky! She sounds kind of peeved, but the pretty girl is still being nice to him. Pesci is over the moon. He's talking to a gorgeous girl and it's going well (for his standards). He notices something though.

"But, isn't that your gelato?"

Her smile goes back to being as sweet as it was before. Even a bit amused, and it's the most beautiful thing.

"I bought it for myself, but I like to eat my cold treats by the sea, so I was waiting to eat it, I have not taken a bite yet."