Hour Five

Aisling sighed, noticing Chris still facing her with his eyes closed. Deciding to reciprocate the comforting gesture he had offered earlier, she lifted her hand to his face gently. Her touch prompted his eyes to open, locking onto hers. Following his example, she traced her thumb from his nose to his cheek. Emulating his actions, she brought her thumb to his lips, only to be met with a gentle kiss from him. As she ran her thumb along his lips, a magnetic pull seemed to beckon them closer, but the weight of unfamiliarity held her back. With a resigned sigh, she withdrew her hand.

"She's sick. She's been sick for a while. I'm just hoping to make it home before she passes," Aisling revealed, her voice heavy with the weight of her emotions.

Chris nodded in understanding, his voice softening. "I'm sorry, Aisling." He raised his hand to her cheek, guiding her gently so that their foreheads rested together. "You're close to her?"

A simple nod conveyed the depth of her connection with her grandmother as they remained in that intimate position, seeking solace in the shared closeness.

He eventually pulled back slightly, his hand shifting to the nape of her neck as they continued to sit together.

Sighing, he relinquished the hold. "Do you want to play a game?"

Aisling observed as he signaled the flight attendant for a notepad and pen. When the items arrived, he handed them to her, his gaze expectant. "What kind of game?" she asked, intrigued.

With a casual shrug, he adjusted his seating posture. "Hangman?"

Her laughter was light as she agreed, "Okay. I go first?"

He nodded in affirmation. "Sure."

"Okay." Aisling leaned forward slightly, her brows furrowing in thought. After a brief pause, she drew five lines on the paper, signifying the word she had in mind.

_ _ _ _ _

Chris looked at the paper, "do I get a clue on the subject?"

She sighed, feigning annoyance, "it's a person."

He smiled, nodding, "okay. R?"

"Nope." She drew a little head on the noose.

He sighed, "T."

She nodded.

_ _ _ _ T

She laughed at the smile on his face.

"Um... S?"

"No." She drew a little body on the man while he feigned a sad face, making her laugh.

"Dead or alive?"

She chuckled, "dead."

He nodded, "okay. E."

_ _ _ E T

"Getting there Mr. Evans."

He laughed, "I know. What do I get if I win?"

She huffed, "the pleasure of winning. And you get to choose the next word. Why? What do you want?"

He thought for a moment, "for you to tell me the next time you're in Boston so I can take you out on a date."

She groaned, shaking her head, "Chris."

"Please Aisling."

She watched him for a moment before finally relenting with a sigh. "Okay. I don't know when that will be."

He smirked, "well if you take too long, I'll come to New York. Now, we're in agreement?"

She laughed, "we are."