2. The sleepover! (edited)

Previously

As I'm about to leave, Gray holds my hand, stopping me. "What's up, Gray?"

Now

"Are you okay, Lucy?" he asks with a worried look on his face.

"Yeah, I'm alright. Why?" I said.

He scratches the back of his head. "Well, you haven't been talking to me in a few days, so I thought something was up." His face has a sad expression on it as if his favorite person was taken from him.

I make an "O" face in realization. "I'm sorry, Gray. I've been so lost in my thoughts and things that I lost track of things, including checking on you I'll try to talk with you and hang out with you whenever I can."

He pulls me into a hug and pats my head. "It's okay, Lucy, I understand. I'm just glad to know what's going on."

My face turns as red as a tomato when I realize the position we're in. My head starts saying "MATE! MATE! MATE!" over and over again, which is my cue to leave and meet with the others. "Well, this was nice, but I'm meeting Mira and Erza soon. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" I state in a bit of a panic. 'I really hope he doesn't think anything is weird with me or if there's something going on.' He releases me from the hug. "Sure, Lucy! See you then!"

I walk out of the guild and head straight to my apartment. Once I get there, I see Natsu already making himself comfy on my couch. I let it slide for once since we were all going to meet up here anyways. "Hey Natsu, hey Happy."

"Hey, Luce. Sorry about barging in," Natsu said. "Nah, it's fine. We were going to meet up here anyway," I reply, shrugging my shoulders.

I text Mira and Erza to see if they're on their way. Once I got an answer back, I put my phone down. "The girls will be here soon. Wanna help me get some snacks out while we wait?"

"Sure, Luce, I'd be glad to help," Natsu replies as he gets out of his chair. We walk over to the kitchen and pull out nuts, fruit, chips, and other snacks we'll need tonight.

(Later)

Mira and Erza arrived a little while ago. We're all catching up and chatting while eating the snacks Natsu and I prepared.

"Natsu, Lucy," Erza states, catching our attention. "Do you guys want to tell Mira and I what's going on?" she finishes.

I'm about to answer Erza when Natsu beats me to it. "It's about the mating season. Gray is Lucy's mate, and all she can think about is Gray. It's the same with me, except my mate is Lissana."

"Dang it, Natsu, I was gonna explain first!" I huff and cross my arms in annoyance. He grins like a Chesmire cat. "You'll have to be quicker next time, Luce." He grins and gives the 'haha' look. I roll my eyes at his behavior. 'Ugh he's so childish at times.'

The girls giggle at our childish act. "It's okay, Lucy. The main thing is that we know what's going on now," Erza assures me.

"What happens now?" I ask.

"According to this book that Levy gave me, we have a week before the mating season begins. Before then, we need to know what causes the thoughts and urges you both get towards your mates," Mira explains, showing us the dragon book.

Mira tells us what happens during the season. She tells us how our powers and scent will be spiked to find our mates. She also explains how we should mate with our mates before our dragon self takes over completely.

Once Mira finishes explaining the mating season, she asks us to explain what causes our urges and thoughts.

"Whenever I'm around Gray, the urges are strong. I constantly hear the word "mate," and it gets stronger when I touch Gray in any form. I'm assuming the same thing happens to Natsu towards Lissana," I explain to the girls. "Yep, Luce is right," Natsu agrees.

Mira makes a thinking face about the information I just gave her. "Ah, I got it!" She exclaims. "Mating season lasts a whole month. During that time, we'll hide all the mates, giving them time to process everything. We'll do this in the middle of the week while you both have control over your dragon. You'll both start to lose control after the first week and will look for your mates then. I'm hoping that's all they'll need to be with you guys, so the mating process isn't painful for you both or them."

"I agree! Plus, I'm guessing Gramps has a similar plan, anyways. Also, I think you and Levy will need to hide as well," I said.

Mira looks at me with a confused blank face. "Why is that, Lucy?"

"I can tell you're Laxus' mate, and Levy is Gajeel's mate," I explain.

"Oh! Oo-h~" Mira says, her face turning pink. "Well, in that case, Levy needs to hide. I don't because Laxus and I have been dating for a while now. I already agreed that we could mate as soon as the season starts," Mira explains, turning redder.

I gush at her cuteness. "Aww, that is adorable! I can see it now! You'll have two adorable kids that will look just like you guys," I tease. "Luc-yyy, stop!" Mira falls onto the bed, hiding her face. "Okay, okay, I'm done, I promise," I say, giving up. "Now, let's enjoy the rest of the night with some movies and snacks!" I continue. "Aye, sir!!" They all exclaim, including Happy.

I grab the rest of the snacks and let the girls and Natsu pick a few movies to watch.

We spend the rest of the night laughing, messing with each other, and having fun until we all pass out in the middle of the third movie.

And we're doneeee~ Did you like it? Leave your thoughts below:)

Please vote and share with others; thanks :D

Tea is out, peace! :D