29

They arrived at the mansion early and Y/n was atleast happy to greet his uncle that was waiting outside the door.

"Uncle . . ." She went ahead to hug him. Unlike before when she used to flinch or get all cautious whenever her uncle was around, now she was comfortable with the years living with him.

"My dear!" Her uncle rejoiced, returning the warm hug with so much affection after the years that Y/n had gone busy, not being to be able talk with them so easily since she had to go here and there just for the business.

Once Y/n broke the hug, another arms embraced her and she had to blink twice to confirm who that person was.

"You've been away and oddly out of reach. Your schedule is more busier than mine, how is that so?" A deep yet silky voice soothed its way to her ears and she shivered from the nostalgia.

She sighed and returned the hug. Tapping his shoulder as a sign to let go after a couple of minutes. It's not that she's uncomfortable with him, he was just squeezing him a bit too far that she had a difficulty to gasp. "Why hello, Kaiwon."

"Kaiwon rushed back all the way from Canada once he got informed that you were coming home for the holidays." Her uncle grinned,  suspicious as it may seem, he looked as if he approved of Kaiwon for Y/n.

Y/n bit her lip, preventing a sigh to escape. "Mhm . . . I'm certain." She hummed forcefully.

"You still look beautiful as the way you are, Y/n." Kaiwon grinned, a wide pearly smile that could make women kneel before him but not Y/n for circumstances.

"Why thank you Kaiwon." Y/n also gave him a smile yet not a wide grin. Just an upturn of the edges of her lips and that's just it.

Like a lovesick and blind romantic, Kaiwon didn't see how she forced her smile and responses. Instead, he was dazed by how simple yet stunning she looked with just a small smile.

"And who is this . . . With you Y/n?" Her uncle noticed Rindou behind yet in a still close proximity to Y/n. The Haitani was trying his best not to make a bad impression on the man, softening his expression was tad hard but he'd do anything for her.

Y/n perked up and her smile widened once her uncle finally noticed Rindou. That was what she was trying to let him notice since earlier.

Rindou forced a soft smile as he introduced himself, not only to her uncle but also to Y/n's parents like he was the official partner for her.

"Haitani Rindou, Sir. Y/n's . . . friend . . ." He trailed off a little which made Y/n sigh. Honestly, she was disappointed when he introduced himself as her friend but that might also feel unfair for Ran whom professed his feelings for Y/n more earlier.

Right. No one weights up nor down. An 'I love you' isn't an excuse to choose the other if there's less efforts. It should be fair.

Her uncle cocked an eyebrow, still not convinced about the reason. "Friend you say? I assume you're one of her business partners?"

Rindou nodded since it was also a fact. Him and his brother are one of Y/n's business partners, partially. "Yes."

"I see but, what important business are you aassociated with Y/n that you felt the need to follow her instead of to make an appointment once she returns?" He continued to question. Having a sharp mind just like the old senior had was tough for Rindou to make up excuses just to be with Y/n.

"Oh no! I invited Haitani-san to spend the holidays with us! It may seem inappropriate to let a stranger spend our only family reunion but trust me Uncle, he's one of my closest friends, not only in business but also personally." Y/n interjected when she sensed that Rindou was pressured by answer the question. She could see it very well.