39.1

This was supposed to be the original ending but I just got an other idea. So like- "why kill the lead of the story when I can just kill the love interest?" Suffice to say this, it felt like a good idea to me so I just went along the lines. But this alternate ending got me fr high tho.
-

Today was Y/n's 1st death anniversary. Both haitani's became more violent throughout the whole recent month before her death anniversary. They've gained to kill more that even Sanzu got a little uncomfortable everytime Ran and Rindou take matters into their own perspective. They'd torture more, kill endlessly, gain more crimes.

The glint in both the Haitani's eyes were gone and would only resort to returning again when it came to killing people despite what Y/n told them. Mikey could understand the feeling of loosing someone important but he couldn't feel any happiness in seeing both of them kill mercilessly.

Ran walked back at the bar- where everything started, where he met her. Every memory rushed back to his mind and he felt his eyes getting glossy after seeing the chair the she once sat, drunk and alone before he joined her. He hoped he could witness her sitting back there at her usual familiar spot- drunk , alone but contented and he'd soon join her. They would talk, he would share small kisses and she's resort to laughing at it. Those could have been happy new memories if she didn't pass away.

The bar was unusually deserted since it was still early that's why it was only Ran who was still inside it. The lights were still being prepared and etc.

Ran closed his eyes and imagined. A memory. An image of her drinking alone in that seat and smiling, talking normally, breathing fine and alive. His hand formed into fists at imagining it.

"Your name!"

He recalled her calling out to him in a hurry as he was about to blend in the crowd. Y/n's face looking much more heated and insane.

"Your name!"

Haitani. It was what he yelled back. Ran never expected for him to be emotionally attached to her, he never ever expected it. Giving his last name to her was just a little thing that he would always do when finding new girls to play but now it's like he's the one who got played. It was unfair for her to leave them be. It was unfair how she said that she loved them both equally.

"U-um... Sir? Are you perhaps interested in reserving that table you are facing right now?" An employee quired while readying their small notes if Ran were to ever speak. They were shaken as Ran turned to take a glance.

"Is it possible to buy this table and seat?" He asked politely as possible, reminded of Y/n to always treat innocent people with care since they were just living a normal life and were just striving to survive.

The employee was dumbfounded by the question but immediately regained senses after glancing at the table and giving Ran an unsure look.

"I don't think so... You can question our manager though if you would like to..." They said, finally calming down after Ran showed them simple politeness. He was just being... normal.

He nodded and he asked to let them lead to where their manager was. He actually knew who the manager was but just decided to toy with the employee for a little bit. It was kind of fun to see people clueless and it made him remember about her. She was always clueless but one trail or evidence then she'd always know what it is.

"S-sir Ran! W-what brings you to our little bar? Would you perhaps like to drink?! I could offer you a new stock of-"

Ran raised a hand up to cut the manager off. The employee earlier was already serving outside the room. He wasn't here for the liquor of course. It was about the table where he met Y/n and where everything started.