31

Rindou was hunching his back at the balcony after dinner. The others including Y/n already went ahead to their perspective rooms but he remained and stayed.

He was alone. Him and his chaotic thoughts with a lit cigarette inbetween his hands. Outside was cold enough to freeze him, more colder than Japan probably. It was Christmas after all and people would expect snow when the season chimes in.

The cold breeze blew the lit cigarette, the red small fire slightly cackled and Rindou flicked the remaining grey dust from it.

"I see, you smoke too." A voice chimed in, which made Rindou sigh in annoyance. He found Kaiwon's appearance a threat now.

Rindou kept silent and just continued to smoke. He didn't give any shit about Kaiwon anyways. It's not like he'd make lots of cash when provoking him.

Kaiwon moved forward and took a small box of cigarette and lit one stick using his own lighter.

"You too have eyes for her, don't you?" Kaiwon started, inhaling and exhaling the smoke that came out from the lit cigarette.

Rindou rolled his eyes, obviously. The sass was too much that one kick then he'd be spouting alot of nonsense by now at Kaiwon.

"Shame. You don't fit her expectations, goddamn dirty delinquent. Her family may be ignorant with your status but soon, they'll eventually know what you're up to and what you usually do." The other sneered as he turned to glance at him. The little snow drops falling chaotically due to the slightest wind every now and then.

Rindou's purple eyes reflected the visible snow covered bald tree's that shone visibly through the moon's bright sunlight. What a snowy yet also warm pleasant night it had to be, someone just had to ruin it.

"I bet you don't even know any traits about her." He continued but Rindou still kept silent. The Haitani was interested though about what he was to tell him, considering it was Y/n, he'd be pleased to hear about it.

"Ya know . . . On every 18th birthdays of the L/n family, you need to gift them cats. Specifically, cats that are most delicate and rare. Everyone knows how the L/n's treats cats so dearly as if family. I gifted Y/n a yet pristine Cougar cat."

Rindou shrugged yet he cared for the opinion. He didn't give any gifts to Y/n. No cats, no anything but only a plastic ring. Well that ring wasn't really a gift but more like a goodluck charm to keep away the bad things from happening around Y/n while their gone and yet...

'Cats, huh? Must be the reason why she speaks of Hello Kitty that much.' he recalled the first and last time they went on a date to that chidlish themed café that Y/n made so much fuss about. The look in her eyes that time was so expensive, the excitement and happening bubbling inside her made Rindou regret joining that fight and leaving her.

He wanted to see her excited and enthusiastic again. Those eyes needed light back. The light that he's been craving so much.

"And they way she looked so enthusiastic—"

"Can you fucking shut up for atleast a second?!" Rindou quipped irritatingly, the cigarette between his fingers were starting to get crumpled by the way he pushed with force onto it.

A vein popped from his hand that was holding– err, scrunching the cigarette in place. Kaiwon didn't notice how irritated he was since the other was facing the alternate side.

Kaiwon gave him one of his nasty smirk. It was genuine, not fake. He was really trying to get on Rindou's bad side for real. "Heh, you don't need to be so angsty about it. With your temper, I'd doubt Y/n would even like you."