english project

(Y/N)'s pov:
i walk into english and see wendy sitting on top of stan's lap. i quietly laugh and wave to her. wendy and stan made me a bit sad i didn't have a boyfriend, but who would i date anyway? as soon as she catches my eye, she gets up and comes towards me. this movement draws attention from kyle, kenny and eric and they watch as she hugs me. i don't know why, but she's been really into hugging me recently. i mean i'm not complaining, it's just different you know? we separate and my eyes go behind her to the crew. i smile and wave remembering saturday's encounter at the coffee shop. eric rolled his eyes and ignored me, kenny gave me a seductive smirk and a little wave, stan smiled, and kyle smiled and waved too. if i wasn't wrong, i swore i could see his cheeks go a bit pink.

why does this kid always blush and look so nervous?

before anyone could say anything, mr. garrison marched in. yeah, THE mr.garrison. he finally stopped teaching primary kids and moved up to high school english. i was shocked too when i found out. he dropped his stuff on his desk as i took a seat next to wendy. he let out an exasperated sigh and leaned on the desk.

"you know what i hate about men?" he asked rhetorically to the class. i exchanged a look with wendy knowing that this comment meant we wouldn't actually start class until 20 minutes in.

making record time at only 10 minutes, mr. garrison finally decides to actually teach us english.

"anyways, you guys will be doing a project about the book you read over the summer. i have already chosen partners so don't get too excited."

a collective groan could be heard throughout the class. i, on the other hand, sat up excitedly. it was always hard when more than one person wanted to be my partner, which was most of the time. i know this makes me sound conceded, but it's true! i think it's because everyone knew i would do almost all of the work. my attention snaps back to mr.garrison as he starts listing off the pairs.

"kenny with clyde, eric with wendy, kyle with (Y/N),..."

he continued but i made no effort to listen as i already knew my partner. i turned to the redhead and smiled. i swear to god this kid looked at me with pure terror in his eyes.

did i do something to this kid to make him so scared of me all the time?

Kyle's pov:
"kyle with (Y/N)" mr.garrison announces.

oh fuck, oh god, i'm with (Y/N).

i should be happy since i'm with my crush, i mean i am, but i'm also scared out of my mind. what if i say something wrong? what if she thinks i'm awkward? what if i just fuck up full-stop? i snap myself out of this spiral of worrying and turn to see her. she smiles sweetly at me. i must've looked terrified because she winced a bit and looked back at the front.

oh my god she already thinks i'm weird and we haven't even started!

i look down at my desk and blush. for the rest of class i overthink everything possible thing that could go wrong with this project. finally, the bell rang and i was pulled out of drowning in my own thoughts. i started to put away my stuff when i saw someone walk towards me out of the corner of my eye. they tapped my shoulder and i turned to face a sweet faced (Y/N).

"hey kyle!" she said happily.

"h-hey (Y/N)." i responded nervously.

"so i was thinking that we could meet after school today in the library to get started on our project. i know it's soon and the project isn't due for a while, but i like to start early you know?"

oh god, does she just want to get this over with and that's why she's starting so quickly?

"um yeah, sounds cool!" i said. she furrowed her brows. "why do you always look terrified every time i see you?" she asked. i blush and scratched the back of my neck while looking down. "oh-uh, i just d-don't have that much experience with girls i guess." her concerned face morphed into a smile. "dude just think of me as one of your dumbass friends. i mean, that's implying we are friends. is that okay with you?" my heart lifted at this question.