Chapter 12: Betrayal

Note:

The text in bold is Taanz POV.

Chapter 12: Betrayal.

Taani walked around the back of the farm house. For few minutes, she didn't find any passage to enter inside. A big wall stood blocking her from the other side of the farmhouse. She could see the tall trees which were roused in the air. But as she moved forward trying to find something that would aid her to travel inside, she found a small circular door locked at the edge of the wall, just above the ground. But it was locked. The door would fit a thin person like her easily. If at all the heavy weight person wanted to go through it, it was impossible.
Her eyes searched a sharp rock and she hit on the lock several times hoping it would unlock. But it was hard as rock itself. Yet, she didn't lose hope. She tried hitting, putting a lot more energy. And the lock clicked open at the 18th try. She unlocked the screw and opened the metal door. It was just a hole in the wall. She looked on the other side to see if the coast was clear. She then crawled in the whole onto the other side. There were scratches on her skin as she compressed body to pass through the gaping hole.

She was surrounded with big green trees and bushes. She could peep the tall building in the center of the farm. Her phone pinged again.

"Come straight without halting at the house. There is a small empty barn. I'm waiting for you."

Taani put her cell back not before sending a small text to Jay, Vrush and Shar. She was nervous yet she had to do it. There was she to meet a mysterious men/women.

As Taani walked according to the direction mentioned in the message by a mystery person, she walked straight without tempting to look over at the extravagance of the house and it's surroundings.

A guy stood in the empty barn, his back against to the view of Taani. Immediately, his posture made her to remember Rey. The guy looked exactly the same height and built. Shaking away her thoughts on Rey, she concentrated on his back. Finally, here she was.
And the guy turned at her.

Taani stepped back as she saw him. Her core shook with bouncing feral of doubts. "Rey…" her voice trembled. He looked unfazed at her Perplexion. "It was you?" She sounded astounded. He stepped forward, towards her. "Yes…." He replied not leaving her eyes. "Messages?" Taani shook her head, unbelievable. "You played me." Her feelings shattered. "You know all along that I wasn't Taanz?" She asked addled. "I know…" he answered. "Why? Why did you do this? And what do you know about my sister? It means…" she mused. "You know that she's dead?" her horrification had no bounds. "I know everything, Taani…" It was the first time he had called her Taani and not Taanz. "I know all along. I was the one sent you the video of Taanz…" he accepted. "If you knew all this along, then why did you bluff?" She held his shirt. "Why didn't you tell me? Why did you make me fall for you? Why didn't you care enough to inform me about my sister?" She was hurt. "I wanted to tell you everything the minute I saw you. But I didn't have proof to make you believe in me…" He tried to comprehend her.

"He's lying, Taani…" Swayam bellowed as he came out of nowhere. Cops surrounded the place and captured Rey behind. Swayam went to Taani and embraced her. "He's the one who had killed, Taanz" Swayam declared as Jay joined the place. Taani looked petrified as Swayam said those words. She couldn't believe. But how can she trust him anymore after the lies he had knit around her. A mayhem of things went on simultaneously.

"Don't believe him, Taani. I haven't killed Taanz. You have to believe me… please…" he begged as the cops cuffed him. They still stood closer and Rey tried to get closer to her. He inched towards her but police dragged him back. Far away from her. Everything was crumbled. The man she trusted with her body and heart was the one who had killed her sister. And she couldn't forgive herself for being so dumb and idiotic.

"We need to leave, Taani" Jay announced. "Vrush and Shar are inside the house. We had to go check inside. Police had called us." Swayam held Taani in her embrace yet. He wouldn't leave her. Her life before the message was atleast better. Though she wasn't loved by her foster parents, she was happy with just Swayam. Now when, she found someone to love… the world threw her in a deep shit.

It was unfeasible to believe that Rey had killed me. The same Rey whom Taani liked. Or loved. Or least started to fall in love with him. But the truth in front of her and the betrayal was sharp.

******

Taanz body was immersed in a liquid tank in one of the empty room, inside the farm house. She looked exactly the carbon copy of Taani with only difference of the hair. While Taani had straight hair, Taanz covered with curly hair. Her eyes were closed. Her neck had marks of chain. Taani couldn't control her tears. She sobbed looking at the lifeless body of her twin sister. For whom, she came in search of. She had the pain of losing her. But the amount of sadness erupted at the moment just succumbed her.  She silently sobbed in Swayam's arms as he said soothing words to her.

Shar and Vrush whined holding on to each other. They were devastated. Jay rubbed his eyes as he gawked at her girl friend's deaf body. The police came to him to take a statement. And his eyes had gone red.

The amount of love my boy friend, friends and my twin sister she'd through tears just made me to crave for a life. For few seconds, I wanted to live. Live for them. I wanted to embrace them one last time. I still don't know what deed I had done for Rey that he had killed me. But learning that he was the culprit just broke me. Not because he had killed me. Instead, he had played with my sister's feelings.

******

Author's Note:

This is the last chapter of this story. I'll add an epilogue, soon.