Epilogue: Twist

Note:

Text in bold is of Taanz POV.

Epilogue: Twist

Taanz body was kept for the last rights. News was spread to her adapted parents, Ash and all her other close friends. Their parents were weeping continuously. Even Ash couldn't believe that she had lost Taanz. She just sat quiet staring at her sister's face. None were in the term of confronting Taani.

Jay was consoling Taanz parents. That guy just really loved Taanz. He had been a pillar strength to her family at the time of the crisis. Friends, her college mates and relatives came to offer a prayer for Taanz one last time.

Taani and Swayam stood on the corner, letting the family mourn. Taani rubbed her eyes as the tears didn't stop. The atmosphere had become cold and chilly, all of a sudden. Taani pushed her hands into her pocket to feel the warmth as she shivered in the breeze. And something pinched her fingers. She scrambled her pockets to find something sharp projected in her pocket. As she removed the piece from her pocket, it was a kaleidescope. The same kaleidescope which Rey had. The memories banged on her as she caressed the piece in her hand. But that was so wrong. He was a criminal. The killer of her sister. And she should hate him. But all she felt was remorse. But... wait... how did it even come into her pocket? Did he slipped it in her pocket when he was taken by the cops?

As she was about to slip the kaleidoscope back into her pocket, it jingled. She took back and scanned it by eyeing it. Instead of colors as it usually visualised,  a small pen drive was hidden in it. Taani couldn't understand why would Rey keep the pen drive inside a kaleidescope? Is it something related to the truth he wanted to tell her? Amidst of the cops, Swayam and Jay intruding them, she had completely lost faith on him. Yet, something… something sensible pricked her to sense. She excused Swayam and ran inside the house.

She switched on her laptop and connected the pen drive to it. It took minutes to load. Taani went restless to know what stored in it. As the screen loaded, she clicked on the pen drive folder and a video sat inside. She clicked on in a hurry. And as it played, Taani's fingers quivered. Her mouth hung open in utter disbelief.

Taanz sat on the chair. Her hands and legs were tied. Someone had grabbed her neck from behind through Ash's chain. That someone wasn't definitely a girl. The video zoomed from hands to face as JAY sneered the chain on Taanz's neck tightly pulling the life out of her.

"Why are you doing this to me, Jay?" Taanz choked as the tightness around her neck ascended. "Don't you remember, sweetheart?" Jay bent and mouthed in her ear. "This is the reward I'm giving you for betraying me. For having an affair with Rey, sweetheart." He glowered.

"Please… don't kill me, Jay… it was just a mistake…" she gagged. "It wasn't a mistake, sweetheart. It was you betraying me." Jay pulled the strings harder. "GOOD BYE, sweetheart" he pulled the last string as the life hung in her disposed and evaporated. Taanz was killed.

I stilled my floating formless soul as I saw my own death in the hands of my loving boy friend. And everything clicked back.

One night, I had lost myself in Rey because of the heavy booze we both had during one of the barn party. I had been physical with him the night. I was guilty and wanted to confront Jay. But never I had knew that Jay knew about us and wanted a revenge. My life was taken from my very own boy friend. I was dead. I was killed. I was slayed to death for one unknown mistake.

***END***

Author's Note:

This is the story I had started in the past, before 8 years in IF. But after moving all my stories to Wattpad, I wanted to complete the stories I had began once. Hence yes. This is the end of a small journey of THE LYING GAMES. It was something different I started writing after watching The lying games show in my teens. But eventually, I wrote every chapter with my own plot and creativity. Hope the one who had read this mystery fiction, liked it. There's a mature chapter included in the story as the environment of the story had set in urban region and the steamy scenes was required. If someone who's not comfortable reading that particular chapter, please pardon. But it's much needed for the story plot.

All my readers, keep your love pouring out. I'll update my other unfinished stories as well, one by one.

Thank you

Love - Asha.