Chapter 27

I didn't want to turn my head because I didn't want to face him just yet but I had to. His blue eyes were blurred with tears and his regular smile was completely gone. I stand up awkwardly, looking at the ground. I hear someone's footsteps running towards me and the next second I'm in a bear hug.

"Ava," his voice sounded relieved yet emotional.

"I'm sorry Niall, I had too," I choke out.

"Why?" Is all he asks.

"I'll explain everything when I get home," I sigh, putting my chin against Niall's shoulder, still in his bear hug.

"Alright," he sniffles, letting me out of his hug.

"Where is everyone else?"

"They're at home, I wanted to surprise them."

"They don't know anything?" I frown.

"No, let's just go," he sighs.

I bite my lip and follow him out of the station. I get into the car, Paul giving me a glare.

"Ava, you can't just run away," he sighs deeply.

"I had to, to keep everyone safe."

"What are you talking about?"

"Jacob sent me a tweet once he broke out of jail. He told me that he would hurt Niall and everyone else if I didn't meet him, I knew that he would so I went to him. I couldn't risk it, I love them too much."

"We could have just got more guards."

"No, you couldn't. He got out of jail he could have easily got to us."

Paul didn't respond because he knew I was right. Niall looked at me shocked, not knowing what to say. The ride stays quiet the rest of the time, my nerves getting the better of me. We park in the drive way and I hop out of the car, my hands shaking.

"Are you alright?" Niall's voice comes from beside me, scaring me half to death.

"N- no," I stutter.

"I want my sister back! Louis please let me look for her, Louis please," my sister sobbed.

"I can't El, I'm sorry," Louis' pained voice comes though the other side of the door.

"Louis," is all I hear before she breaks into sobs.

I burst through the unlocked door, not taking it anymore.

"Ava?" Zayn asks with wide eyes, causing El to took up.

"Ava!" El cries, jumping into my arms.

"I- I thought I lost you," she sniffles.

"I'm here now," I sigh, biting my lip.

"Why did you leave? You know we all love you."

"I had too," I sigh.

"Explain," she sighs.

I sit on the couch and explain everything to them. They didn't try to tell me I was wrong or what I did was stupid, they just stared at me.

"I love how you want to protect me but Ava, I will always protect you no matter where or what you mean to me," Niall says, giving me a weak smile.

"Thanks Niall," I say blushing.

"Don't ever do that again," Louis frowns.

"I won't," I sigh.

"I'm sure you're tired, c'mon," Niall says, taking me by the arm.