dinner with the albarns*

contains smut & swearing. damon albarn x reader. young damon albarn. this one is also a bit longer than my normal one shots:)

now things between damon and i are complicated, to say the least.

over the past few months, after we spent the night together post the gig that we both happened to be attending that same night, we've had this friends with benefits situation.

he lives just down the road and our parents are very close friends. when i was younger i'd have to go round to theirs every so often for dinner; which i used to despise.

you see, prior to our night together, we hated each other. we were forced to be in each others company, and frankly we were very different people, which we still are.

he's the cool, laid back and cheekily attractive popular guy that everyone wants to sleep with. as for me, i'm just a shy blondie who struggles with social interactions as i'm too obsessed with either the book i'm reading or the jumper i'm crocheting.

but back in may, i decided to attend this gig alone as i thought it was time i put myself out there; and that's when everything changed.

anyway, after many years of loose contact with the albarns, my mum decided it was time to rekindle her friendship with hazel, damon's mum, and that brings us to now.

——

'y/n darling' i heard my mum call from behind the door as she knocked.

'come in' i said lazily, lead leisurely on my bed with my legs crossed and my back rested against the pillows i had stacked behind me to keep me upright, still fixating on the final words of the chapter i was reading before diverting my attention to her.

'i've just had a word with hazel and she's invited us round for dinner tonight. i would really appreciate it if you came with us' she said, still holding onto the handle of my door as she leant against the door frame.

i felt my chest tighten. oh god. not after everything between me and damon.

i sighed, feigning my annoyance as i slapped the book down onto my lap 'mum you know i don't get on with damon'

'i know sweetheart but you're both old enough now, surely you can bare each other for just one evening?'

oh i could bare him for more than that.

i shrugged my shoulders nonchalantly, lifting the book back to cover my face 'fine' i huffed behind the novel.

'thank you. we'll be leaving shortly so make sure you're ready!' her voice slowly trailed off as she closed my door on her departure.

fuck sake. after all these years.

——

we both stood patiently at their front door, the old biscuit tin containing the victoria sponge mum had baked for pudding in my hands.

i didn't want anyone to know about damon and i, and i'm sure he felt the same, so i completely underdressed myself to avoid giving anything away. i threw on an old sweatshirt of my dads paired with some casual dark flared jeans.

with one swift motion, their door opened.

'hello! wow it's lovely to see you both! gosh y/n haven't you grown?' hazel exclaimed with flayed arms.

i grinned at her warm welcome before stepping into the house and hugging her with my free hand.

'it's lovely to see you too' i reciprocated politely.

'damon's just in his room but he'll be down in a minute' she said, rubbing my shoulder before i passed her by to pursue my walk to the kitchen and deposit the victoria sponge.