In Due Time

I woke up before Yamaguchi, as usual. I remembered the night before. Oh, why did I say the things I said, I thought to myself, full of regret. I felt bad about some stuff I did. Why did I even initiate anything?

"Tsukki, are you okay?" A tired Yamaguchi asked, turning his head around and rubbing his eyes. I looked at him.

"Yes, of course, why?" I said nervously.

"You were just, like, breathing quickly."

My heart fluttered. The night before started coming back to me more and more. The smaller details. I remembered some more specific things I said, and his reactions. Of course, he was cute, but I couldn't help but feel bad.

"Tsukki," Tadashi said with a confused expression. I looked him in the eye. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah, fine," I said with a reassuring smile. "I'm just a little tired."

"You're all red."

"Am I?"

I started to think with more logic. It's fine. It's fine.

"Okay, there's clearly something on your mind, Tsukki, would you like to talk?"

"No, there's nothing on my mind."

"Okay, well, I'm going back to sleep."

He laid his arm over my chest.

"Oh no, you're not." I looked at the clock. "It's ten thirty. Get up."

"Tsukki," he whined. He rested his face on my chest and closed his eyes. I didn't want to deny any word he said, for the sole reason that he was so handsome.

"You have to get up now, Yamaguchi."

His eyes opened. "There is something on your mind."

"What makes you think that?"

"What is it?"

"It's nothing, stop changing the subject." I pushed him off me and sat up. He looked at me disappointed, and tried pulling me back down. "Get up." I stood off the bed. Tadashi's face was tired, and cute.

"Tsukki," he whined. "I don't wanna."

"Stop acting childish."

"Fine," he sighed, sitting up.

"I said up."

"I am up."

"That's not up, that's sitting." I grabbed his arm and pulled. "Get out of bed."

Tadashi wrapped his arms around me. "Just ten more minutes?" I replied with backing up, which made him fall on the floor. "Ouch, my knees," he complained. I grabbed his hand and helped him up. He sighed.

"Stop whining so much," I said.

"You didn't seem to dislike it that much last night," he remarked. It was so out of character and unexpected that I felt my face warm up a lot. I saw him do the same. "Sorry, that came out of nowhere," he whispered.

We stood there, looking at each other for a moment. I was thinking of what he said, of the night prior, and I assumed he was doing the same.

"I'm just gonna," I said, grabbing clean clothes from my bag. I put on shorts first, then picked up my clothes from the previous day where they were tossed. I put them in my bookbag.

I noticed Yamaguchi doing the same thing, getting dressed. I was thinking of how this morning would play out. Would we talk about it? Would we acknowledge it at all? Should I say something about it?

Both of us were fully clothed once again. I was leaning against the wall, and he was standing a few feet in front of me.

"Okay, so, are we gonna talk about it or let it continue to be awkward like this?" I said, slightly annoyed.

"We can talk if you want."

"I have a feeling this won't stop until we do."

"Okay."

He sat on the bed and gestured for me to sit in front of him.

"So," I said, trying my hardest not to blush (and failing miserably), "did you like it at least?"

Yamaguchi avoided eye contact. "Yeah, I did, a lot. Uhh, what about you?"

"I did as well," I said very awkwardly. We both sat in silence. "Uhm, well, would you consider doing it again? Sorry, I sound like a survey, asking you these questions like this."

He giggled. "Yes, I would."

I sighed in relief, then stared at him weirdly. I had no idea what to say. It was rare I would find myself speechless, no smart ass comment, nothing. Just, empty head. No thoughts, other than stress, nervousness, for some reason.

"Well, I'm tired," he broke the silence, lying his head down next to me.

"Yamaguchi, you can't sleep all day," I said, regretting the words that came out of my mouth right as they did.

"I didn't realize we were on a surname basis now, Tsukishima," he smirked with his eyes closed.

"Shut up," I flustered. "Fine, you can rest a little longer."

Yamaguchi smiled and opened his eyes. "Will you lie next to me?" He moved to lie down next to me, and stared waiting for a response.

"Ugh, I guess," I replied, rolling my eyes. I lied next to him and we continued looking at each other. He kissed my lips lightly. I did the same to him. Soon our lips were intertwined. Tadashi pulled himself closer to me. "I thought you wanted to sleep longer," I teased.

"Shh," he replied. His lips touched mine. "In due time."