Chapter 6: The mysterious envelope

It took my a while to get over what I had just read in the dark library and try to find out which part of Hollows Island I'm in at the very moment. When I went to find an exit I realized...there was no exit surrounding me, I looked behind the old dark magenta red stool. Nothing. Behind the bookshelf. Nothing. I Looked under the little table. Nothing. I tried to open the drawer under the table, it wouldn't budge. I tried to open the window curtains before I heard a sound. Of footsteps, I quickly hid under the old stool without even looking back. I still had the book with me of course, i saw black shoes looking around, the person turned his back to me and I slowly and silently stood up from under the stool and got a better view, the person had a hoodie on so I couldn't really see their hair, but that didn't matter as I went closer to the person, holding the book up to his head, and a smacked him with it, the person groaned in pain and fell to the ground facing me when I finally realized who it was; " RIDLEY! " I helped him up and without saying a word I hugged him as if my life depended on it, he took this by surprise but eventually hugged me back, I pulled back with tears in my eyes remembering our previous argument, " I'm sorry Ridley, I shouldn't have left, I shouldn't have left you alone, I promise I shall never leave you, I shall always come back, I'm sorry. " I cried soberly and also hopefully, wanting him to forgive me dreadfully. " Faye! Of course I forgive you! Im not mad at you, not for leaving me nor for hitting my head with a book. I've forgiven you ever since, I know you didn't mean what you said, but I guess that even though I am a Reubens, without you we probably wouldn't have figured everything out. Therefore I'm sorry. " I replied by hugging him again. He hugged me back and hid his face in the crook of my neck sending butterflies down my whole bodies, I hugged him tighter than ever until i remembered that I have no idea where we are. " Ridley? Where exactly are we? And how can we get out? " I asked hoping he might have an idea as he's a Reubens and Reubens are known for having high intelligence and from what I experienced, Ridley is astonishingly intelligenter than most of them.
" Good question, let me see. " He looked around, until he saw the little table he went to it, and before he could do anything I warned him that the drawer won't open, it's stuck, " Maybe it's stuck because something valuable is inside. I bet if the drawer won't open, it would like...this! " He told me as he opened the front of the table, a secret hatch! Of course! I went to have a look inside to find a letter addressed to the Reubens Family, I suggested Ridley would read it, as it is addressed to his family but he insisted we'd open it together. We opened it and what we read was some information we'd rather not have gotten at this time.

Reubens Family, Hollows Island, 2030

Dear Reubens, I'd like to inform you that Norm would not the coming back after the trip for he decided he'd leave the island to find a better living. I'd also like to ask you a favor, as Norm is gone, I do not have company, for Norm had always been smart and intelligent enough to keep me safe, now as I need a companion intelligent enough to keep both me and them alive and well, I'd like to ask you to send your very own Dawn to the island, thank you very very much, for I appreciate it. Goodbye and Farewell

-Donar