Chapter 11: Back in Foxfire field

I woke up and regained consciousness once again. The process of losing and regaining consciousness has become very normal to me by now, once I was fully conscious I took my surroundings in and when I realized where I was my heart fluttered with joy and happiness! I was back in Foxfire field! No burned houses! No ashes! Green grass, blue sky and all, I was home. I saw my house in the very corner just like it was before, I ran to the house and opened the door, immediately I saw my mum and I greeted her with a bone crushing hug. " Well, somebody has quite the positivity today. " She said, like I was never gone in the first place. With her normal accented voice that hinted a very noticeable tint of delight. " Well, how are things Faye! My goodness! Have you ever realized how damaged that old dress of yours is! Its a disgrace to Foxfire field. Well, we better take care of that! " She chuckled, oh, how I have missed her. " It's ok mum, you don't have to, I'm quite comfortable. " Just as I said that, mum had already picked out a lavender dress for me. " Well, Nonsense Faye! I will not let you walk around about the town looking like you've just come out of a mud pit. No offense, dear! " I smiled at her choice of words, it was true though. I did look like I've just come out of a mud pit. " Well, what are you waiting for? Go on then, put it on, dear! " She told me as she went to make dinner. I smiled once again. Oh, how I have missed this! Just me, and mum. Like always. Just before I went to my room to change, I noticed a man walking towards the house, it was a man in his early thirties I guessed. Before I could see who he was I decided it was more responsible to change into the dress, I would not let anyone see me like this. I went to my room, and I took the scent in, I will have to learn to live without it. Why? You may ask. Because I cannot just forget about The Stone! And let Ridley stay in that rotten Roman palace to be tortured as slave! So the next day I would take my leave. Right after I changed into the dress I went out to the garden, feeling that rush of happiness and sadness inside of me as I saw Bonnie's old food bowl, mum hadn't forgotten about it I see. For it has been clearly washed. I went back inside. I saw the man whom had been walking towards our house talking to my mum, I decided to listen to their conversation. " How lovely to have you stop by Joan!" just as mum said that, The man smiled at my mum before jokingly saying: " I am very glad to hear that, Liane, for I thought you weren't pleased by my presence. " both adults laughed, I had never seen my mum like this with anyone else, she was truly happy, like she was in love, like she felt safe! it was just then when I realized what I'm doing wrong. I shouldn't be here, living my life, pretending nothing happened, I have to go to the people who make me truly happy; Ridley. It is quite cheesy to admit but I have grown feeling towards the young brown-haired boy. I had to leave. " Mum, I'm going out for some fresh air. " Mum stopped her conversation to talk to me: " Are you sure, dear? You just came, what about dinner? " I looked at the food mum had made, it was vegetable soup, mum knows how much I love her soup. But I had to resist temptation, I must leave, I must find Ridley. " No thank you mum, I'll just head out. " She looked a little surprised, I could also read the ever so little bit of disappointment on her face. " Well, that's totally fine dear, just come back by twelve, or the soup might get cold. " I smiled at her, knowing those might be the last words I'd ever hear from her. " Ok mum, I will. " as I left, the tiniest, most meaningful teardrop I have ever shed fell on my cheek as I stood at the very edge of the field, I looked back, at my house. The memories there. The place where Bonnie was executed. The palace of ' Queen ' Aurora. I took a deep breath and stepped out, the same familiar feeling of unconscious taking over my body, once again......