1

*WARNING: EVERYTHING MENTIONED IN THIS STORY ARE FICTION INCLUDING THE CHARACTERS*

Hi, I'm Y/n Kang. Im 14 years old and I live in America with my mom. Mom is my only family but im already satisfied with that. I'm a middle swing blocker in our school volleyball team.

I hurriedly pick up my sports and went tp yhe kitchen to grab breakfast.

"Sweetie, if you don't wanna miss the bus you better eat your breakfast quickly" Mom said as she handed me some cereal and sliced apples.

I nodded my head and started eating.

Me and my mom live in a small house as it's only me and her living on it. But I'm not complaining since I know how hard it is for her as a single mom to raise me here in the states.

"By the way Y/n do you have a match later?" My mom ask as I looked at her.

"I don't think so. Why tho?" I ask curiosly "Oh thank god. I just have something to tell you later on" She said with a smile.

"Can't you tell it to me now?' I said as I'm not sure wether i will have a match later on or not.

"Nah... it's better not to tell you, that way you will come home early" she said jokingly.

"Why? is it bad news?" I said worriedly to her.

"Oh god no. Let's just say I have a surprise for you" she said assuringly. " Is it a big surprise or a small one?" I ask curiously.

"Who knows?" she said in a teasing tone. "Oh come on mom~" I whined to her.

"Sweetie th bus is gonna be here in 4 minutes. I suggest you to start waiting outside now." She said to me.

"Fine. I'll be here before you can know mom" I said in rush way while putting on my shoes. "Have fun at school sweetie!" she said while closing the door behind me.

I saw the bus approaching so I hurriedly went to the sidewalk with my bag.

"I wonder what's the surprise later on" I keep wondering on what she's hiding.

"Oh god. Don't tell me she finally bought me a Attack on titan manga?" I sqealed at the thought of it.

I've been watching anime ever since forever and attack on titan is my favourite. Like, who doesn't like it??

"Mwehehe I can't wait to go home later on." I said as I hop on the bus.

Mom's POV

After I saw Y/n hop on the bus safely I started getting my phone and wallet upstairs to go to the grocery store.

I didn't tell her that I already quitted my job yesterday since I have a big surprise waiting for her.

"She's gonna be so thrilled later on hehe" I said to myself.

My phone suddenly rang. I looked at the callers name and smiled.

*On The Phone*
Mrs.Kang: Hi, Honey~

???: Hello, baby. How are you? I'm not disturbing you am I?

Mrs.Kang: No. I was actually just about to go get some groceries, did something happened?

???: Nothing happened, Love. Don't worry I just miss your voice.

Mrs.Kang: aww stop it~ you're making my heart flutter.

???: Really? I really wan't to hug you right now.

Mrs.Kang: Just injure 1 more day honey~

???:Fine, fine. So did you tell Y/n already?