Chapter 15

The Dilemma by You Me At Six on the side
--------------------------

" Guys, I'd like you to meet my brothers, Seth and Daniel," I tell everybody as they all sit in the living room.

We came back from the diner about five minutes ago.

" Seth, Daniel, this is Louis, Harry, Liam, and Niall. And you know the rest of these losers," I tell them.

" Hey!" Ember and Jack complain in unison.

Zayn and I laugh.

" Oh, yeah, Jade?" Niall turns to me.

" Yeah?" I ask.

" There's mail for you that's sitting on the kitchen table," he tells me.

I nod, heading to the kitchen, " okay."

I grab the envelope that has my name on it and open it. It's a letter.

Jade,

You might be wondering why this is in the form of a letter. That's only because I can not reach you in any other way because it can be traced back to where I currently am staying.

But, anyways, did you miss me? You must be missing me. I hope you know that since I know where you live, that I'll be watching you. And that I've found you.

See you soon, Jade.

-Thomas

I drop the letter, and as it slowly makes its way to the wooden floor, I start to shake.

He knew where I was. Thomas knew where I was. This was bad, really, really bad.

I slide down to the floor, resting my back against one of the cupboard doors.

" Jade?" I hear Seth ask.

I look up at him.

" What's wrong?" He asks, sitting down next to me.

I hug him, burying my face into his neck. No matter how old Seth was, he was always one of the people that would always be able to calm me down.

" Jade, you're scaring me, what's wrong?" He whispers, hugging me back.

" H-He knows," I stutter.

" Who knows what?" Seth calmly asks.

" Thomas kn-knows where I-I am," I stutter, the tears escaping.

Seth freezes for a second before his grip tightens a little more.

" Daniel, Zayn," he calls out into the living room.

The two older males come in.

" What?" Daniel asks, sounding worried.

" T-The letter," I point in the direction of where the dumb letter lay.

I see Zayn pick it up and read it, showing it to Daniel once he's done.

" Jade?" Daniel calmly asks.

I look up at him, wiping my eyes, " y-yeah?"

" Are you okay?" He asks, and I can tell that he's bracing himself for an outburst.

I shake my head, whispering, " no."

I hug Seth again, for the comfort.

***

I tighten the blanket around me as Harry opens the sliding glass door and steps out onto the back porch, where I currently am. He sits next to me on the wooden porch swing.

" Hey," he tells me, lightly kicking the wooden porch so the swing lightly and almost slowly swings back and forth.

" Hey," I whisper back, smiling a little.

" I'm not gonna ask if you're okay because I know you're not. Besides, I think that you've been asked that a little bit too much today," he tells me.

I slightly laugh, " thank you."

" It's no problem," he tells me.

That's when he notices that I have a pair of earbuds in my ears.

" What are you listening to?" He asks.

" The Dilemma by You Me At Six," I answer as he takes my left earbud out, putting it in his own ear.

" It's good," he comments.

I nod, " I know."

" Of course you do," he nudges me. " It's your music."

I nudge him back, slightly laughing, " hush."

He laughs. He turns on the swing to face me, his expression turning serious.

" Can I ask you something?" He asks.

I nod.

" It has to be a 100% truthful answer," he tells me.

" Okay," I nod.

He lets out a long breath before continuing. " I know this is probably one of the worst timings ever, but you will please be my girlfriend?" He asks.

" You're right about the bad timing," I say. " But, yes, I'd love to be your girlfriend."

Harry cheers, pulling me into a hug, and we can faintly hear Niall yell from somewhere in the house, " shut the fuck up, Haz!"

Harry and I laugh.

Sorry about that being so sudden, but I had to speed this up somehow. I mean, come on, we're on chapter 15 already. But, anyway, hope you liked it, and I really love the song that Jade was listening to.