Chapter 12

" What happened to you two?" Zayn asks once Harry and I walk through the doors.

Harry and I had sand still on our cheeks, and we were soaking wet.

" We were at the lake. Let's just say he ended up tackling me into the water, and we fell into the sand laughing afterwards," I explain.

Zayn chuckles, " why'd he tackle you?"

I look at Harry, raising an eyebrow, " yeah, why did you tackle me?"

" To get you to laugh," he grins.

I roll my eyes, " I was laughing before you tackled me into the water."

" Fine, you were, but now I'm taking a shower first!" Harry yells, going to the bathroom.

" You suck!" I yell after him as he laughs.

I sit next to Liam on the couch. I grab the trashcan by the coffee table and place it in front of me, leaning over it. I start scratching my head, getting the sand out.

" Liam, can you please help me?" I ask.

He nods, starting to help shake the sand out, " sure. Nothing's really on tv and Niall and Louis are playing Left 4 Dead."

" How are you able to get all of this in your hair?" Liam asks as a large amount of sand suddenly rains down into the trashcan from my hair.

" How should I know?" I laugh.

" Well... you're the one-"

" I know, I know," I cut him off.

He chuckles, shaking a good chunk of my hair- and sand- out.

" I think I'm good," I tell him, and he scoots away just before I flip my hair back.

I look at all the sand in the used to be empty trashcan.

I look up at the rest of the boys, " anybody want about a pound of sand?"

***

I shoot straight up in bed, gasping. I wipe at my eyes and cheeks, which were both wet. I sniff, looking down at my blanket-covered lap.

I had just had a nightmare. It was of demons trying to pull me down to Hell while I was being chased by Freddy Kruger, Jason, and the guy from Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

I didn't have nightmares like where no one loved me or that my boyfriend of however long broke up with me. I seriously had scary ass nightmares.

I swear I could still feel the "hands" still trying to grab my ankles and feet.

I lie back down on my bed, sighing again, and staring up at the white ceiling.

" I'm messed up," I sigh, smirking and chuckling.