Chapter 6

Jade's outfit on the side

---------------------------------------------------------

" So where are we going?" I ask as Harry drives.

" I like your top," he says.

" Thanks, now please tell me," I beg, jumping up and down on my seat.

" Fine, we're going to the movies," he sighs, annoyed.

" Good," I stop squirming around.

Once we get to the movie theater, we choose to watch Into The Woods.

***

" Thanks for the movie," I tell Harry as we take a walk through the park, eating ice cream.

" Your welcome," he says, licking his ice cream.

He got a medium twist and I got a medium chocolate flavor burst.

" So, if you're British, then why don't you have a British accent?" He asks.

" I was born here, but grew up in America, in Grand Rapids," I sigh.

" Why didn't you grow up in Bradford?" He asks.

" Well, I'm not really sure, our parents gave me up because they thought I'd live a better life without them or something, and a couple from Michigan adopted me, and brought me to Michigan," I tell him.

" Oh, well, that sucks, so how did you come to find out who your parents were?" Harry asks.

" Well, I didn't until Zayn came knocking on the door of my house a couple months ago and my foster brother, who's Zayn's age, woke me up and told me someone was downstairs that wanted to see me. I screamed when I saw him sitting on the couch in between my foster parents 'cause I was a very big fan of you guys back then, and I still am. They sat me down, and my brothers, Daniel, who's older, and Seth, who's fourteen, sat next to me on the other couch while Zayn and my foster parents explained to me everything," I explain.

" Wow, I can see why they didn't want you finding out," Harry mumbles.

I look down, frowning. Harry suddenly grabs my left wrist, looking at it.

" Why?" He asks, looking at the long, thin, scar down my inner forearm.

" I was in a tough spot when I was thirteen. I was convinced that no one loved me, and that'd I'd die alone, and that I was an ugly fat ass with no reason to keep on living, so one night, at 3:00am, everyone was asleep, and I snuck downstairs and into the kitchen to get a large kitchen knife. I snuck into the bathroom, locking it, and sat in the tub and started to draw," I say, " Daniel came down looking for something to eat, he saw the knife missing and the bathroom door locked, and I guess he kicked the door open, saw me with a small and growing puddle of blood around me, and called for our parents. It's amazing how I didn't die that night."

Harry nods.

" You should've," he mumbles.

I turn to him, done.

" What's your deal?" I ask, mad and upset.

" What?" He asks.

" Your little comments that you always mumble to yourself. About me, about Niall, the boys? It hurts Harry, it does, especially when you insult them like what you do to me. I get that I have kind of a bad childhood, and that I'm messed up, but you shouldn't tell me that I wasn't wanted by my own birthparents! That I should be dead right now and not here with the boys and my brother! You're really lucky that I didn't just punch you in the face after yelling at Lux! And that I didn't tell Zayn that you smacked me!" I yell at him.

" I hate you, Harry Styles, and I always will," I tell him, walking off towards the house.

***

" How was it?" Jack asks as I walk into the kitchen.

I grab the container of Brownie Batter ice cream from the freezer and a big spoon.

I lift them both up, " what do you think?"

Jack frowns, " does Zayn need to wear the purple dress again?"

I can't help but laugh, " I'm being serious! I can fly you back to Michigan, you know."

" Okay, fine," he sighs, " Zayn! We need to cheer up Jade! Don't worry, no dress this time!"