Chapter 2

Jade

I groan, turning away from my brother as he shakes my shoulder, trying to get me to wake up. I swat his hand away, resting my head on the passenger side window of his car.

"Jade, we're here, time to wake up," he says, and I groan again.

He sighs, picking me up out of the car seat and into his arms, shutting the door with his hip.

After he walks into the house, I end up getting set in a bed. I can hear my brother set my suitcases down on the floor.

"Goodnight, Jade," he whispers, kissing my forehead.

***

I wake up to the smell of bacon and hashbrowns. I yawn, stretching. Once I sit up, I push back the soft, fuzzy, black blanket that's draped over me. I stand up, stumbling out of the bedroom and down the hall into the living room, where Niall's sprawled out on the couch, arm draped over his eyes.

I chuckle, walking into the kitchen, where my brother's cooking pancakes, eggs, hashbrowns, bacon, and breakfast sausages.

"Zayn, I'm scared," I tell my brother, sitting on one of the wooden bar stools at the counter, resting my forearms on the pale granite countertop.

Zayn turns to me, "why?"

"The boys, what if they hate me? What if they find out?" I whisper as Zayn sets a plate of food down in front of me, sitting down across from me with his own plate.

"They won't find out unless they absolutely need to or have to know, and besides, we've been over this before, they'll adore you, well... I'm not sure about Harry since he turned into an asshole, but still, they won't hate you," Zayn tells me.

"Okay," I nod.

***

A couple hours later, the six of us are in the living room. Niall, Louis, and Liam are all on the big, black, felt couch, and Harry is in one of the blue recliners.

"Boys, this is my younger sister, Jade. She's gonna stay with us for a while," Zayn introduces me to the boys.

The boys all smile and say hello, while Harry just mumbles something under his breath. I'm able to hear what he says, which is "fake bitch". I frown, knowing that what I feared is coming true.

Zayn wraps his arm around my shoulders. "Let's get you more comfortable with the boys. Let's go to the park!"

Once everyone runs off to get ready, Niall comes up to me, "are you okay? I heard what Harry said."

I nod, opening my bedroom door, "yeah, I'm fine. No need to worry about me."

Niall chuckles as I straighten my purple plaid button up and black shorts in my mirror, "well, someone besides Zayn has ta worry about ya."

I laugh, turning to him after I slide on my black vans, "okay, then. May I ask why?"

"Well, out of the boys, Zayn's kind of pretty much the closest to me and looks after me, and I thought, why not look after his sister? Besides, you seem pretty cool," Niall says, shrugging at the end.

I nod, following him out of my room and to the front door. "So... friends?"

Niall nods, smiling, "friends."

It's Zayn! So, yeah, I changed it from Niall to Harry, because, well, Niall's too sweet.

So, love you