Chapter 18

A Month Later

After the car crash, Seth got a broken leg, broken arm, stitches in his forehead, a couple more bruises and cuts that quickly healed, and a concussion, while I got a couple broken ribs, a couple of stitches in my cheek that will soon turn into a scar, a matching broken leg, and I had slipped into a coma for a month. I had just woken up about an hour ago, and this is what I was told.

The boys have been constantly visiting my brother and I. I usually stay quiet when they're visiting me because all they talk about is why I was driving around in the middle of the night, and why I had Seth with me.

" What did you do to get Seth? I know it wouldn't be easy."

" Why were you being so reckless?"

" Were you even thinking about yourself? Your safety?"

" Did you even think about us when you risked your life? What we would feel?"

" Were you even thinking about Seth?"

" JUST SHUT UP!"

I snapped, plain and simple. I yelled so loud that probably people over at Dairy Queen could hear me. Don't blame me, what would you do if someone was constantly bombarding you with questions.

The room falls silent, and a moment later, a nurse and a security guard step into the room.

" Everything's okay," I tell them.

They nod, silently leaving. Once I'm sure they're completely gone, I roll over to my side, careful of my leg, and have my back facing all of them.

Daniel, Ember, and Jack weren't here, and they, besides Seth, were the only ones who didn't bother me with questions. They were the only ones that knew that I'd do anything to keep my friends and family safe, even if it meant pushing them out of the way of a train and letting myself get hit.

A large, warm hand is set on my back, and I don't even have to see to know that it's Harry. 

" You know that the only reason why we're being this way is because we care about you, Jade," Harry whispers, getting into my hospital bed with me and cuddling my back into his chest, wrapping his arms around me.

The other boys leave, I can tell by the sound of footsteps and the door gently closing. I stay silent, though, still annoyed and mad. I was able to hold a grudge for awhile, which didn't really help in their case.

" I'm sorry," Harry whispers into my ear, his longish hair brushing against my "good" cheek.

I grunt in response, my arms folded across my chest, staring out the window. It was raining, like, there was a thunderstorm outside, and all I wanted to do was run around outside, or just sit on the porch, watching the lightening and listening to the pounding of the rain and the yelling of the thunder.

" I'm sorry," Harry tightens his hold on me. " We just wanted to know what happened and how you and Seth ended up like this. We care about you, I care about you. You know that I love you, right?"

I turn onto my back, looking at the angel.

" W-what?" I whisper, wide eyed.

Harry smiles, " I love you, Jade. I know that our relationship isn't that long, and that I was a complete dick for half of it, but I can't help my feelings. I love you, and I don't care if you don't say it back. Even if you break up with me two years from now and you haven't said it once, I don't care. As long as I get to know you, get to love you, get to be in your life, I'm fine with you not having the same feelings as me."

Harry's hovering over me now, his face so close to mine that his hair's brushing against my cheeks. He's completely serious, which I can't help but want to laugh at for some reason.

As soon as the first giggle escapes past my lips, Harry frowns.

" Is this the part where you say that I'm such an idiot to believe that you would actually ever like me?" He whispers, his eyes becoming wet.

I shake my head. I wrap my arms around his neck, bringing him closer to me for a hug.

" No, you big idiot, I was laughing because I couldn't help but think that when you're serious, the face that you make, that it's adorable," I tell him, laughing as I kiss his ear.

" You're so weird," he chuckles, kissing my ear. " But I love it."