7. For Love's Sake

It's strange, the things we do in search of love, and even stranger when we've found our potential happily ever after.

I wondered, in Bychkov's room that evening, if Watson would appreciate what I had gone through to be with him- not that I'd ever tell him about it.

The second time being on my knees for him wasn't as horrible as before. I gagged less often. I got into the rhythm of things by imagining it was Watson.

At his command, I learned a few new things about giving pleasure to a man. One being that some men liked it messy. Lots of spitting.

Instead of making me swallow again that time, he gave me what he called "a facial." Gross! I never even looked at myself in the mirror when I went to the bathroom to clean up.

I freshened up, and went back to him in the living room.

"You were great-"

"Thanks. Now, the information."

"I was about to. What? Is it the facial that has you riled up?" He asked, I rolled my eyes and looked away, "Most girls like getting facials."

"Not that kind."

"Anyway, you were great. You're good with following instructions, and you're a quick learner. Jay likes you-"

"He does?" I asked, not sounding too excited about it.

"Yea. You're a hard worker. You get to work before most people, take shorter breaks and-"

Although it was alarming how much he had noticed about me, he misunderstood me: "I don't think we're on the same page here."

"Oh? Oh, I see. So, I was right. You do like older men."

"I thought... you didn't know about..." I stammered. What the fuck? I should've never entered that room.

If only Riley wasn't such a bitch, I wouldn't have had to go through any of it. I could've told her about the crush as a girlfriend, and she would've told me what she knew about Watson.

"No, I hadn't known. I was only teasing. Wow, you're crushing on your boss. That's a cliché."

It was no longer just a crush. I caught feelings after what happened that morning when I was locked out. But Bychkov didn't need to know that.

"Wow, you're having oral sex with your assistant. That's a cliché," I shot back at him.

To which he replied with a smirk and, "touché."

"Tell me what to do."

"No," he shook his head.

"Please," I added.

"It's not about manners. We had a deal, and I held up my end. It's not my fault you weren't specific about what you wanted out of it-"

"So what, now you're teaching me how to do business?" I asked with sass. I knew confidence and assertiveness were one of the few ways to change a "client's" mind.

"Yes, which I presumed you'd be good at, given your CV," he said, getting up from the couch.

That's where I'd say: "touché," but I didn't want to make his big head any bigger.

He headed to the door and unlocked it, showing that he was serious. "Goodnight, Emily."

I didn't want to seem desperate, because then I'd be at a disadvantage. "Fine," I said, heading to the door with my head held high: "Goodnight."

"Alright, wait," he said. I stopped. "In business, when the deal has been made. It's done. Except you're still new to the game so I'll give you a freebie."