Chapter 4

Rome was still insulted by the name Emma made up for him. He was determined to give her a silent treatment, but it wouldn't help solve this unfortunate situation. He was still a little puppy, and he was almost sure the spell wouldn't disappear anytime soon. And to his luck, she was the only one who could take care of him. 

"You can't stay here alone," Emma spoke up. 

"You will stay with me till this magic vanishes." She added as she started to pack her belongings. Rome observed her with interest, his tiny head tilted to the side. 

"Don't look at me like that, Rome. I mean it." Emma sighs. 

"I know I fucked up, and I promise to make it right again." She kneeled in front of him, leaning closer, kissing his white head. 

"We are going to find a way to get you out of this." She added, picking him up from the floor. How could he stay mad at his best friend after her short emotional speech? Rome curled closer to Emma's warmth, closing his eyes for a short rest, trusting her with his life. 

When he opened his eyes again, he was lying on the familiar red sofa. Emma was sitting next to him, browsing through the spellbook aimlessly. He yawned, standing up from his laying position and carefully tiptoed towards his friend. He didn't want to startle her, so he decided to nuzzle his wet nose on the exposed skin of her arm. 

"Awake?" She asked, patting his head softly. 

"You must be hungry." Emma put the book aside, helping Rome get down from the couch. He followed her into the kitchen, waiting for the food. 

"Here." She pushed the plate with some meat on it in front of him, causing him to waggle his tail in excitement. 

"So cute." Emma cooed at his cuteness. Rome felt pleased with the sound of her voice, wiggling his tail even more. At that moment, Rome knew he was in the deep shit. They have to find the solution as soon as possible.