Chapter 8

The puppy was so adorable. Yet Pick couldn't stop thinking about the cruel human being who could kick this tiny animal out on the street. He made dinner for them, asking the pup what he wanted to eat, not minding it wouldn't understand a thing he said. Or maybe it could. It did look like the little cutie responded to him in a way. He was focused on the dishes and his theory when he heard the loud crash from behind him. Scared that the puppy fell from the table, he spun around. 

He froze. He didn't see the dog anywhere, only a short naked boy sitting on the tabletop. His black hair was messy, his round eyes unfocused. And those plump lips. Oh God, they looked so inviting, juicy, and he wondered if they tasted delicious too. Pick shook his head, dismissing the dirty thoughts. 

"Who the fuck are you?" Pick screamed, pointing the knife at the guy. The boy looked at him, still a little disoriented.

"It seems the spell wears off. I will kill Emma for this. " The lad muttered mainly to himself. 

"I am Rome, and thank you for helping me." The boy spoke up, scratching his neck. 

"Why are you naked and sitting on my table? Where is the puppy?" Pick started to fence with the knife in front of the boy's face. 

"Chill, man. Can you please lend me some clothes first? I will explain everything to you later." Rome asked. Only after the guy pointed at his lack of clothing did Pick realize how embarrassing the situation was. His cheeks turned red as he averted his gaze elsewhere.

"I am going to get you something to wear. Stay where you are." He placed the knife back into the sink, running to his bedroom. Pick was confused. How could the boy get into his apartment unnoticed? It's not like he was some kind of magician or alien. He wasn't alien, right? Pick shivered with that thought. He grabbed a random hoodie and sweat pants, hurrying back into the kitchen. The boy was still sitting on the table, biting his bottom lip as his body trembled. 

"Here." Pick handed him clothes, trying not to look at his pale skin. It was hard work, even though he turned around to give the uninvited guest some privacy. Fuck the reflection of the lean, naked body on the window. Pick gulped the saliva forming in his mouth as he reluctantly closed his eyes.

"I am done." The guy said.

"You can turn around." He added. And Pick did. His breath hitched when he spotted the tiny man in his clothes.

Adorable was the only thing his brain could process at the moment. He was still angry and confused. Why was the boy in his apartment instead of the tiny puppy he picked up not too long ago?